Please enter your user name and password: User Name: Password:
Register an account! · Forgot Password or Username?
What is Muelsfell? - Muelsfell: Rise of the Golems is a persistent browser-based game (PBBG) that revolves around the creation of magical golems by mages and magic users. Muelsfell is part combat, part roleplaying game, part resource management. Sign up for an account and give it a try -- for free!
Darghelm, in the Foothills of Ulvania
The hardy people of Ulvania value family bonds and friends over all else, so Darghelm has developed an extensive network of taverns, cozy inns, and messaging systems. They are not a cowardly nor xenophobic people and so allow people from all over the continent to use their taverns and speakeasy establishments.
You can read but will NOT be able to post until you login or Register
Index » Muelsfell Game Forum » Roleplay Discussions Muelsfell World v1.0 Forums
AuthorThread: Birthday Ball
[LOCKED]
1 | Page 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43741 Posted: Apr 16, 2010, 6:40 pm
After a some idle chat Gordon and Lucy pulled away before heading towards Kaelas "Well Kaelas this is quite the party Ceriph has set up." Gordon said as he approached.
Semaj
Semaj's Avatar
Posts: 273
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 99 years old
Real Name: Semaj
Website: Click Here
Email: thegreatsemaj@hotmail.com
Message #43766 Posted: Apr 17, 2010, 3:48 am
"Gift? Yours or his? Like I said I did bring something small for you. You have been very kind to me lately." Semaj points at the large wrapped object that he had a golem bring in earlier.

"I do warn you it will need love and care..." He takes another sip from his flask. He then breaths out hard and shivers. "That stuff is strong." He comments on his drink. Steam escapes from his boots his time. Semaj then checks his watch.

"As easily as I could spend the night chattering away with you my dear I should probably mingle. As should you, I find mingling with everyone makes for a good hostess as well as a good guest. I do hope you like your present. Just please make sure it doesn't accidentally get out in here." Semaj with a pleasant smile bows and excuses himself from Ceriph to the crowd. He would make his way to Gordon and Lucy next.

Semaj would come up from behind the two positioning himself to Lucy's empty side and without interrupting Gordon's conversation with Kaelas whisper to her. "Very nice costume, cheater."
Lucy
Lucy's Avatar
Posts: 71
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 97 years old
Message #43767 Posted: Apr 17, 2010, 4:01 am
"I thought it cleaver." Lucy replied playfully elbowing Semaj in the stomach. "And I hope Victor isn't offended by your gift, Gord."
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43768 Posted: Apr 17, 2010, 4:06 am
"Our gift." Gordon reminds Lucy, "And I don't care if he get offended, I just hope he reads it, and it's a good book." Turning to Semaj before he and Lucy could could continue squabbling, "So I see you got wangled into coming, I'm glad."
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #43770 Posted: Apr 17, 2010, 4:37 am
Nodding at the approaching couple, Kaelas smiles. "Thank you. She's been fretting herself and driving us all to distraction for weeks now." He pauses a moment, then adds a bit softer," the event in the Mountains did have some good to it, I suppose. She'd been worried that she wouldn't be able to convince any Magi to attend but meeting all of you there helped." (OOC, assume he said this before Semaj arrived; it works better that way but I didn't want to have ignored Gordon's first comment.)

Kaelas appears amused at the interplay of the other three Magi, then winces as he looks across the room at his new wife. "My manners, I'm sorry. Magus Gordon, Magus Lucy, Magus Semaj, this is Magus Raiden, an alumni of the University. Semaj and Gordon are two of the leaders of Securities and Futures Commission. And I believe Lucy is an officer in her own right, as well as doing Gordon the honor of being his wife." With a glance towards Phedre, he smiles a little. "If she asks, do me a favor and tell her I did that right away?"
--
The bronze golem gets a bit closer, clearly revealing both the TOMU crest on her shoulder and the almost ground out 'Sn9' lettering on her forehead. There looks like there was something else underneath that at some point but it's completely scrubbed out. She dithers a little bit more as she finishes her glass of wine but finally approaches them.

"...so, um, you should be punished. For breaking walls and golems and other stuff. It's like murder 'cause we're people too. So... I was suppose do say something here, what was it.." she trails off, that last part pretty obviously not meant for Laiden. Biting her lip a little, she stares at him blankly as if hoping for him to prompt her or something.
--
EDIT: With a somewhat politely subdued squeal, Ceriph makes a beeline for her gift. Semaj had said it needed care and stuff that made it sound like it might be alive so that makes it sorta like a guest, right? So she should go greet it. Across the room, in different directions, Kaelas and Phedre both sigh a little, even as they smile.

---


OOC: Golems, at least Sparked ones, don't get drunk from alcohol. They can get 'giddy' or worse if they eat too much high-energy foods (sugar, heavy starches, etc) due to the burst of power they get after it breaks down and is absorbed by their power source. It's not much energy, but given that they normally have the exactly the same amount of power all the time, it's unbalancing to them.
Last Edited: Apr 17, 2010, 5:02 am
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #43772 Posted: Apr 17, 2010, 4:56 am
Even Suzi has to facepalm. For serious? This was the incredibly dangerous enemy? Like, what-EVER. So not even worth her time. She starts to edge back, then grins. Since this was such a total bust, she ought to do something fun to prove herself to the other brasses... like maybe slip some of that alcohol into some of the non-alcoholic drink...

--

Ace grins at Phedre, answering for Jellikal. "Oh, she's been helping me not fail quite so hard in my classes. She's a real brain, don't you know."
Last Edited: Apr 17, 2010, 4:58 am
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #43798 Posted: Apr 18, 2010, 1:38 am
Laidan cocks his head at the odd bronze golem, considering, holding her gaze (assuming her eyes work they same way a person's would) while slowly and inobtrusively moving between his date and the golem. "Yes, I suppose I have smashed a lot of walls, and broken a few golems, though surprisingly few beyond fixing, and only unthinking ones so far as I am aware. There are many who have been far more destructive than I. Are you acquainted with the magus Sconibulus?"
Last Edited: Apr 18, 2010, 1:41 am
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #43799 Posted: Apr 18, 2010, 2:12 am
Laidan's date is happy to be behind him; she edges towards the wall, pressing her back against it, so nobody can sneak up on her, fanning herself a little with her hand as though merely warm.
Semaj
Semaj's Avatar
Posts: 273
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 99 years old
Real Name: Semaj
Website: Click Here
Email: thegreatsemaj@hotmail.com
Message #43801 Posted: Apr 18, 2010, 3:15 am
"I have to agree, and yet that just makes you a cleaver cheater." Semaj jokes as he rubs his stomach.

"Yes I did get wangled into coming here. Ceriph wouldn't let me be til I agreed to show. Guess its good to get out of the lab and not have the opportunity to dwell though." Semaj comments to Gordon. He takes another sip from his flask. The liquid inside finally starts to show some effect.

"No worries." Semaj reassures Kaelas before going on to make small talk. "Magus Radian, very nice to make your acquaintance. An alumni are we? What was your area of specialties if you don't mind me asking."
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #43802 Posted: Apr 18, 2010, 5:46 am
The bronze golem stares back a moment, obviously not sure how to reply to that comment. "Uh, yeah, he's an officer of... wait a moment! Pluto- I mean Pitchy said as you were the bad guy." She scowls at him. "Stop trying to twist me up. Where was... you're bad and stuff so you should be ashamed. Punished, I mean. I shoulda written this down" she mutters to herself.

Alpha, having noticed the tension rising, slips up behind the bronze but stays silent to allow Laiden to settle this if he can.
--
"So Ah've seen and heard, Ace. When Geoffrey and Ah were looking after things while Kae was away, we were very impressed with Jellikal's work- academic and administrative both." She flashes a smile at her before giving Ace a stern look, Phedre adds, "but yae've one of your own, when as yae chose to use it.
--
Kaelas chuckles a little at Semaj's comment about Ceriph. His daughter does have a rather unsettling tendency for getting people to agree to things by the simple use of stubborn cuteness.
ChaosRed
ChaosRed's Avatar
Posts: 159
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 108 years old
Message #43803 Posted: Apr 18, 2010, 6:10 am
Raiden could not help but smile a little, glad that he had attended a place of knowledge where even the upper caste of administration were able to enjoy the nuances of his chosen calling and not find him to be simply random. "There are several things that have sparked an idea of study...though it has been very interesting so far." The mask shifted to looking wizened and several years older than Raiden. "The most promising so far is that there could possibly be a factor inlaid into the metal the instant that it is dawned, but I'm far from that solution."

Raiden pondered for a moment if he should find some refreshment before something else caught his attention, and as such, he almost missed being introduced to people, the mask shifting to a more neutral feel to it. "Good evening to you all, and of course I do not mind being asked. I am a Magus well schooled in the workings of Chaos." Raiden had long before now been expecting of the usual reactions to this, given that most see Chaos magi as unstable people that look at things till they explode or do something completely unexpected, not to mention being creepy and secluded. Of course, he wouldn't assume that other well-learned Magi would react that way, but some things are always a possibility.
Last Edited: Apr 18, 2010, 6:11 am
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43805 Posted: Apr 18, 2010, 7:47 am
"It's a pleasure to meet you Raiden." Gordon seems to forgo the formality of titles. "Well drat!" Gordon looks at his pocket watch, "I need to head back, oh well." Gordon lens over and kisses Lucy on the cheek, "Though Lucy will say for the evening. Goodnight." Waiting for the resulting farewells Gordon heads out, giving vague reasons for his early exit.
Sconibulus
Posts: 664
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 101 years old
Message #43811 Posted: Apr 18, 2010, 6:40 pm
Grieving Lily excuses herself from Viktor and wanders the hall once more, she spies the potential confrontation brewing around Laidan and heads in that direction, sighing slightly.

Sconibulus, meanwhile, is clambering into Semaj's contraption and trying to make sense of the assorted control levers and buttons without touching them, yet, after all, it wouldn't do to be dragged from the to-err contraption, without actually getting to play with it.
Semaj
Semaj's Avatar
Posts: 273
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 99 years old
Real Name: Semaj
Website: Click Here
Email: thegreatsemaj@hotmail.com
Message #43823 Posted: Apr 19, 2010, 7:11 am
"Really, Chaos? That is a most interesting field of study. Things like the butterfly effect, topological mixing, density of periodic orbits, and strange attractors? This is assuming the small bits of knowledge I have are the same as what you have researched. I often find myself bored and jump from project to project." Semaj sips from his flask and then puts it away. His costume leaks steam yet again. Semaj is well on his way to walking home at this point.

"Don't worry Gordon, I'll take care of her for ya." Semaj puts his arm around Lucy completely disregarding personal space while clenching his abdominal and chest muscles in anticipation of an incoming elbow. "She isn't going to turn into a pumpkin at midnight or anything, right?" As this phrase leaves Semaj's mouth he wonders what the equivalent Muelsfellian reference is as Disney stories are non existent in this world.

---------------------------------

The cockpit of the helicopter was open, no real safety devices in case of a crash and nothing to stop someone from standing into the helicopters blades if their presents slipped ones mind. The blades stood about 8 foot off the ground and could tilt slightly to maneuver the helicopter. There was only one seat. In front of it laid all of the controls for flight. Two pedals, one for each foot, a lever on the left side of the seat, what looked like the handle bars to a bicycle with a hand brake on each side and in the middle slightly lower than the handle bars sit all the buttons and switches including a big one labeled START. Below the buttons on a area that sat between the fliers legs was various gauges. Upon touching the handle bars it would be found that they tilt up and down.

-------------------------------

Off in the distance sat a cloaked figure. He was observing the hall waiting for the exit of a certain individual. If Gordon leaves by any means of travel by ground as soon as he is out of sight of the hall he would find is path blocked by a large earthen wall.

((OOC: Only real problem is that I actually work on helicopters a bit so I am sitting trying to remember what is needed in a cockpit... :P If you need or want more info let me know. Oh and the steam is made via a chemical reaction so there is no substantial ignition source.

EDIT: And switches I almost forgot switches!))
Last Edited: Apr 19, 2010, 1:31 pm
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #43834 Posted: Apr 19, 2010, 4:11 pm
Laidan can't help but notice the crowd of slowly gathering around him and wonders just how concerned he should be. "I am not trying to twist you up, I am simply pointing out that I am probably not the worst offender for the crimes you accuse me of. Perhaps your friend's party is not the best time to discuss this, we wouldn't want to ruin it. Maybe we can talk another time?"
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #43841 Posted: Apr 20, 2010, 7:54 am
As it slowly dawns on the bronze that not only is she now being surrounded by various golems, she's also completely over her head. Pluto had seemed so sure that Laidan would be all aggressive and stuff so they could justify throwing him out or something but he seems really polite and actually kinda nice but he's a Magus- and not even one of their maybe not enemy Magi 'cause their part of TOMU- so he shouldn't be nice and... The golem blinks. "Sure? I mean..."

She looks around a little, then says in a low tone, "Umm, look, I kind of forget what I was supposed to say to you at this point." Reaching up to rub her chin, she coughs. "Could you, like, pretend I annoyed you or something? It's just, they're watching me and I really wanted to impress Pl-itchy. She's really cool and... yeah. So..." she trails off, giving Laidan a hopeful look.
--
Kaelas gives Semaj an amused look. "Pumpkin" he asks curiously. He's making some headway with this land's myths and folk tales but even with having to quell Ceriph's demands for multiple bedtime stories every night, he hasn't read nearly all of them. So he's interested in hearing about whatever it is Semaj is referring to.
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #43856 Posted: Apr 20, 2010, 2:45 pm
"Fine!" Laidan gives her an exaggerated wink (hopefully she knows what that means) then puts an offended look on his face, and turns to present his arm to his date and stalks off to find someone else to talk to.
Jellikal
Jellikal's Avatar
Posts: 298
Location: Ogsden
Magus Age: 102 years old
Real Name: jellikal@ymail.com
Message #43873 Posted: Apr 21, 2010, 5:09 am
Ace laughs, waving a hand. "You know what they say - life is painless for the brainless. If I don't try I never fail."

Jellikal scowls, tugging on his leash a little. "Bad boy. You're going to flunk out if you don't apply yourself, and then who'll I talk to?"

(OOC: Sorry for the delay, end of semester caught up to me and all).
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #43875 Posted: Apr 21, 2010, 6:10 am
The bronze stares a moment, confused, before cluing in. For a minute, she'd thought that had been a flirting wink. But then she remembered how Sparks had told her that humans do a really big wink when they're trying to imply something. And he'd pretended to be all annoyed so she figures he was implying that he agreed to her request.

A few beats too late for it to really look natural, she calls at him, "you'd better run! Or walk, sure, I mean, it's crowded so..." She clears her throat nervously, then slinks off to her friends. Mission complete?
--
"And remember our agreement- no class, no job" Phedre adds to Jellikal's admonishment.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #43876 Posted: Apr 21, 2010, 6:11 am
Suzi reaches the drinks table, a mischevious look on her face. Checking to see if anyone's watching, she reaches a hand for the bottle of vodka. A glass hand grabs her wrist; the glass's expression, however, is playful.

"What're you up to, cutie?" asks Roshan, his flamboyant voice a little high pitched, ringing as it passes through his glass voicebox.

"Making mischeif," Suzi replies, just as gaily. She knows Roshan and his friends won't stop her, not really - they may belong to a different clique, but that clique isn't one that's often at odds with hers.

"Well, I'm under orders not to allow mischeif," Roshan teases. "But a kiss from a pretty girl might turn my head a little..."

Blushing a bit, Suzi goes in to give Roshan a quick peck on the cheek; cheekily, Roshan turns his head at the last second to graze her lips, though he's gentle - he has to be, as his glass form is more fragile than her brass. Suzi makes as though to slap him, though she refrains for the same reason; lauging, Roshan lets her spike the punch, moving to make a round of the room carrying a tray of stuffed mushrooms.

~*~

Meanwhile, Laidan's date clutches his arm, her stomach churning. "This was a mistake," she murmers softly, before hastily recanting. "I mean... I like you well enough, I just... I shouldn't have come. There's so many of them..."

~*~

Ace pouts. "But I'm just not smart enough! Costuming is what I do best. I figure once you fire me I'll open my own designer line." With some of Jelli's money, he doesn't add aloud.
Last Edited: Apr 21, 2010, 6:13 am
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #43889 Posted: Apr 21, 2010, 3:47 pm
Laidan whispers back to his date "You'll be fine, deep breath, remember they have no idea who you are." He scans the room looking for someone to talk to. I really didn't think there'd be so many of them, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this particular party. I need a group of actual people so she can calm down
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43902 Posted: Apr 21, 2010, 9:22 pm
(OOC: Sorry for the lack of posts, I have a bronchial infection and haven't been feeling well.)

Gordon Walks outside where he takes a stroll over to Semaj's flying contraption before he headed home. "Where does that man come up with his ideas?" Semaj was always building things that seemed like complex magic, but some how had no magic about them.

As Gordon approached he saw movement in the air ship. "Well, what do we have here?" Gordon says loud enough for anyone in the near vicinity to hear him.
ProfessorHermes
Posts: 6
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 91 years old
Message #43926 Posted: Apr 22, 2010, 8:08 am
The door opens with a soft creak, then closes with a thud. If anyone looks over, they'd see an elderly man leaning on a cane slowly shuffling into the room. He's dressed in a very conservative suit that is also very out of fashion and starting to be a bit threadbare as well. He peers around the room, a sour scowl on his face as he heads for the buffet table. He doesn't greet or even acknowledge anyone- except that the more observant might notice the flash of bitterness as his gaze passes over Chancellor Kaelas.

A few steps behind him is a small flesh golem, also dressed in old fashioned clothes. The golem doesn't look very well made- no obvious enhancements and the eyes are cloudy and don't seem to focus well. As the pair gets further into the room, an older version of the TOMU crest could be seen on the flesh golem's shoulder.
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43928 Posted: Apr 22, 2010, 9:34 am
Kyomi and Masterslug arrive, very late, but with Kyomi looking very ornate, in a suit of blue and silver plate armor, with a feathered helm and short blue cape, and Masterslug looking like he hadn't slept in a while, dressed in a perfect tux (for someone a size smaller than he) and an ornate clay mask that he had managed to -mostly- cut cleanly off an old golem, and holding a large-ish box labeled 'GIFT', they arrive, non-the-less.

"I feel like taking a deep breath will leave me embarrassingly free of clothing." Masterslug whispers, "And this box is heavy."

"Hush." Kyomi replies, handing over her invitation, and waiting for the doors to open, "I can fix it in a moment, we are late as it is."

Presenting Kyomi the Valkyrie and Masterslug the Agent.

"Agent? The hell is that?" Masterslug whispers.

"Better than 'spy'." She replies, waving to anyone who might look their way.
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #43952 Posted: Apr 22, 2010, 10:42 pm
Phedre gives Ace a disapproving look before rolling her eyes. "Do nae think yae muddle either of us with your sly charm" she scolds Ace. "Yae've a lot of work ahead of yae to whip this one into shape, Jellikal. Regardless, Ah should probably make the rounds and greet some of the others so iffen yae don't mind...?" Phedre offers a smile and a half curtsy before starting to head over to greet Lady Kyomi and her escort.
--
Kaelas, noting the entrance of Professor Hermes, just barely manages to not curse out loud. Cantankerous old fool, he thinks to himself. Why in the name of Darkness had he even shown up, he wonders to himself then realizes, probably wants to make sure nothing happens on an extra-clan level without his input. Wonderful. Still, Kaelas supposes he'd been lucky having been able to avoid even seeing Hermes in passing for over a year now. Hells, the last time he spoke to the pompous snake was around the end for the NWO war. Still... he sighs a little before turning back to Raiden and Semaj.
--
Spotting the newest arrivals, Alpha slips away from Laiden and his quest to make his way over discreetly. He... would like to speak with Lady Kyomi and- strange. It seems she's arrived without her Shadow. Alpha frowns a little but continues towards her after only a second's pause.

He's outpaced by Ceriph, who blurs over to take up her hostess duties. "Hihihi again! Glad you could both make it there's still plenty tons of food and stuff left if you're hungry and I can take that from you if you want 'cause it's a gift probably 'cause it says that on the box and it would be silly to have it say that if it wasn't a gift." She holds out her hands to take it from Masterslug if he'll let her.
 
First | Page 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last | »
Muelsfell Chat Options
Muelsfell currently has no official chat room setup, but there is an unofficial player run chat called Darkmyst Muelsfell Conference.

Username: 


Disclaimer: Please note that this chat is NOT moderated, supported, owned, or operated by Muelsfell staff. Muelsfell is not responsible for the content or function of the chat room, nor is it linked in any way to Muelsfell game functions such as your workshop, account name, or password (your magus name is forwarded to the chat as a nickname if you are logged in when you join the chat). Muelsfell Terms of Service do not apply for this chat, so please use this only at your own risk, and remember that official game staff will NEVER ask for your password.
Why wait? Register for your free account and start playing right now!

Play Muelsfell!