Please enter your user name and password: User Name: Password:
Register an account! · Forgot Password or Username?
What is Muelsfell? - Muelsfell: Rise of the Golems is a persistent browser-based game (PBBG) that revolves around the creation of magical golems by mages and magic users. Muelsfell is part combat, part roleplaying game, part resource management. Sign up for an account and give it a try -- for free!
Darghelm, in the Foothills of Ulvania
The hardy people of Ulvania value family bonds and friends over all else, so Darghelm has developed an extensive network of taverns, cozy inns, and messaging systems. They are not a cowardly nor xenophobic people and so allow people from all over the continent to use their taverns and speakeasy establishments.
You can read but will NOT be able to post until you login or Register
Index » Muelsfell Game Forum » Roleplay Discussions Muelsfell World v1.0 Forums
AuthorThread: Birthday Ball
[LOCKED]
1 | 2 | Page 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #43964 Posted: Apr 23, 2010, 4:45 am
Laidan walks slowly, scanning the crowd for a group not currently containing golems. His gaze settles briefly on Phedre, but continues on, expecting that she might be a touchy subject. It alights again on the newly arrived professor. "Who is that? I don't think I've met him before." he whispers to his date, attempting to indicate the old man without making it obvious to any of the rest of the crowd.
Lucy
Lucy's Avatar
Posts: 71
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 97 years old
Message #43966 Posted: Apr 23, 2010, 5:55 am
Lucy tenses preparing to strike "If I turn into a pumpkin, you'll turn into a beat." Lucy laughs, she won't get him back just yet. "I imagine Semaj is just full of stories and myths..." Lucy was about to mention the story of Santa Claus, but stopped herself.

Following Kaelas' gaze and changing the subject Lucy asks. "Kaelas, who is that cute man over there, though he does seem a little cantankerous."
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #43967 Posted: Apr 23, 2010, 6:46 am
His date glances over, then suppresses a shudder. "The worst, most foul teacher on campus. I never had him as a student, luckily, but he complains for hours during his annual review every year that I ought to grant him a bonus to his research fund because a young thing like me can't possibly understand and on and on... for hours. He's got tenure, I can't get rid of him. I'd heard he was deep in research all ye..a...r..."

A dark shadow crosses her face. "Oh dear. I'm afraid I gave away his research fund to an enterprising young student. He must be here to solicit more funds."
Last Edited: Apr 23, 2010, 6:50 am
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #43968 Posted: Apr 23, 2010, 7:18 am
Kaelas glances over, then replies dryly "I'm hoping you mean Laiden..." After a pause, he sighs. "Professor Hermes, one of TOMU's more annoying fossils. He's heavily tenured and from one of the founding families so he's more or less untouchable unless he really screws something up." Faking a laugh, he rolls his eyes. "No idea what pulled him from his cave but... please tell me he's not coming towards me."
(Unless Hermes posts before you, he's still heading for the buffet and eating.)
--
Almost in unison, the clays chatting near the buffet table get up and move out of Hermes's way. They might not have had a class with him as his students, but they've heard of him.
masterslug
masterslug's Avatar
Posts: 619
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43973 Posted: Apr 23, 2010, 1:40 pm
"So who's wedding is this any way Kyomi? Wait hold on I've got the invite her somewhere...." Whispered Masterslug as shifts uncomfortably in the doorway.
Semaj
Semaj's Avatar
Posts: 273
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 99 years old
Real Name: Semaj
Website: Click Here
Email: thegreatsemaj@hotmail.com
Message #43977 Posted: Apr 23, 2010, 3:43 pm
Semaj quickly sidesteps as he feels Lucy tense up but then notices on retaliation.

"Great now I have to wait for it..." He thinks as he smiles at her comment and lets himself relax a bit.

"Cinderella, its a story about a girl named Cinderella. She ends up going to a ball with the help of her fairy godmother but the magic used runs out at midnight and her carriage turns back into a pumpkin." Semaj explains putting his attention back on Kaelas. "Its a story from one of the foreign lands I have visited."

Semaj takes out his flask and sips from it. He then offers it those around him. "Its called Hidilan wine... well as close to it as I can make on my own. Two or three sips and you will be stumbling home." Semaj just had his fifth sip, even though he was used to drinking the stuff he was now drunk. A train eye could tell this but he showed surprisingly little outward physical signs of it. Though he did seem to have a very rhythmical teeter to his stance now.

Semaj also manages to notice Kyomi and Masterslug's arrival. "Odd, I don't see Shadow..." He mumbled to himself.
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43979 Posted: Apr 23, 2010, 3:50 pm
"Not sure." Kyomi replies quietly, "Heard the words 'party' and 'gift' so, I attended, decided you looked the most ornamental that instant, and got you to carry the gift."

When Ceriph arrives, Kyomi asks, "Actually, I'd like to deliver this one myself, but where is the one I'm giving it to?" Something inside the box makes a meep noise, "Before they wake up."
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #43993 Posted: Apr 24, 2010, 5:00 am
"Ooooh, it's a pet? Maybe it can play with my new pet that Semaj got me 'cause I'm nice and we're friends now but I guess that's up to Viktor. Oh yeah, he's the gift-give person. Gift-get person? Gift-given?" She trails off, her eyes crossing a little.

Coughing politely, Alpha steps up to offer, "Gift recipient." She looks over at him. "Gift what now?" A faint smile actually shows for a moment on the homoculus's face. "A person that receives something is the recipient. In this case, Viktor is the one receiving something, specifically their gift. Thus, he is the gift recipient." Ceriph blinks, then nods. "M'kay."

"Oh! I didn't see that old guy come in, I should-" Ceriph is cut off by Alpha smoothly cutting in with, "Actually, it seems that Lady Mech appears rather lonely. Perhaps you should go talk to her?" Easily distracted, the young gemstone golem heads off to Mech happily. Alpha turns back to Masterslug and Kyomi and bows a little in greeting.
--
Kaelas smiles politely but shakes his head. "I don't really drink spirits" he explains. The only drink of that sort he ever partakes of is yarbarth, a special wine from his homeland that he's been able to reproduce easily enough. It's just a simple red wine carefully blended with blood after all. "I like the story you mentioned. Why did she go to the ball, if she needed such help?"
Lucy
Lucy's Avatar
Posts: 71
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 97 years old
Message #43994 Posted: Apr 24, 2010, 5:37 am
Lucy lets the talk of Hermes drop. "Good evening Kyomi, you look ready do battle with a dragon, so this must be your damsel in distress." Lucy smiles at Masterslug as he fidgets in his Tuxedo.
Last Edited: Apr 24, 2010, 5:39 am
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43997 Posted: Apr 24, 2010, 3:23 pm
"No dragons today, left my spear at home." Kyomi replies with a smile, "And the rest of the armor too, here, have a kitten."

Kyomi reaches into the box, and after a little patting around, and some more small noises, Kyomi withdraws a small gold and silver golem kitten, and puts it on Lucy's shoulder.

"That one is actually for you, and yes, its still got claws." Kyomi then turns to Masterslug, "now be a good damsel in distress, and deliver the other 12."

*leans over a little to whisper to Lucy* "I've always wondered what a kitten of each material would look like playing on a golem."
ChaosRed
ChaosRed's Avatar
Posts: 159
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 108 years old
Message #44003 Posted: Apr 25, 2010, 3:24 am
As he had expected something of that sort of reaction, he was not shaken by the leaving of Gordon, though concentrates on answering Magus Semaj's question. "That is true, though as I went farther into my studies, I found that Chaos Theory seemed to settle in a bit easier than the rest. What I mostly do is calculate the values of Chaos in a certain object, and that allows me to magically ascertain the several paths that such Chaos will allow the object to go. The more ambient Chaos an object or being has, the more choices and branches they can take." Raiden blinked a moment, as he pondered something...but simply nodded. "The true test of being a master is being able to increase and distribute Chaos to bring about different paths."

Raiden ponders something...and nods, seeing how that's easy enough. "For example...though this is a very simplified visual. Let's say that I wanted some punch." He looked over towards the table and at the several cups near the punch bowl. "There isn't a very large chance of getting punch without moving towards the bowl." Raiden's mask shifts a bit to resemble a comedy mask as someone pours two glasses of punch and starts heading in the direction of a couple of other guests. "There is, however, many paths that take people to the punch bowl and back out here." The man in question seemed to be trying to get one of the girl's attention, and failing, as he slowly worked a circuit towards the group Raiden is standing near. "By shifting bits of Chaos energy between different paths, I can slightly edge the chances of getting punch without moving closer to almost certain." The man, as he got closer, tripped a little and almost spilled both cups of punch, one of which Raiden reached out and caught before it was jostled too much and the man hurried by to keep anyone he wanted to impress from seeing him trip. He offers the cup as a toast towards Semaj. "And ultimately, you can prove that Chaos is in everything... you just have to see it to know what's going on." He took a sip of punch and gave it a slightly odd look. "... That's pretty interesting. I will have to ask for how this was made later."
masterslug
masterslug's Avatar
Posts: 619
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44045 Posted: Apr 26, 2010, 8:07 am
"Damsal my a***" mumbles Masterslug leaving Kyomi and Lucy to natter. Looking around he quickly realise it's going to be tough finding some one he knows at a costume ball so he doubles back to the entrance.
"Valadin, could you do me a favour and point out the er.. guests of honour"
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #44049 Posted: Apr 26, 2010, 5:05 pm
Golems everywhere Laidan thinks. He spots Kyomi and Lucy...he has his suspicions about Lucy, but whispers "Shall we go talk to Lady Kyomi and Ironsmith's wife?"
Last Edited: Apr 26, 2010, 8:05 pm
Lucy
Lucy's Avatar
Posts: 71
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 97 years old
Message #44053 Posted: Apr 26, 2010, 6:45 pm
"Well isn't this just adorable, not quite the real thing, but I'm guessing it doesn't grow up either." The kitten makes purches on Lucy's shawl with it's tiny claws as it looks sleeply around. "The craftsmen ship is remarkable though, I'm sure Gordon will love it." Lucy seems to ingore Kyomi's other comment.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #44059 Posted: Apr 27, 2010, 7:07 am
Laidan's lady friend hesitates. "If you think it'd be a good idea..." she finally says, eying the number of golems between herself and the aforementioned Lady Ironsmith. She almost jumps out of her skin a moment later, however, when one of the glass golems approaches her with a tray of hours d' oeuvre.

"My apologies, miss, for frightening you," Iason says, smoothly, reaching for her hand to kiss. The Lady snatches it back from him in a hurry, before blinking.

"I'd almost forgotten you were Sparked," she mumbles, half to herself. "Ah, could you be a dear and inform the waitstaff that I do not wish to be disturbed if at all possible?"
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #44060 Posted: Apr 27, 2010, 7:31 am
Valadin blinks, having been in the middle of trying to compose an iambic couplet poem about party- luckily for everyone here, he won't finish it until well after the party is over so only his family will have to suffer.

"My apologies for my distraction, good sir, but I regret that I must correct you in regards to your query as there is but one guest d'honor for this most splendid of affair- mine kinsman, the noble and stalwart Vicktor." He also thinks to point the golem in question out- then again, given the shiny birthday crown he's wearing, he stands out.
----
Kaelas leans forward to peer at the kitten. "Interesting idea. I had thought non-human golems were prohibited though?" Coming up behind him, Alpha answers in his soft tone, "that only applies to combat golems, f-Kaelas." There's just a trace of stiffness in his voice, just a hint of reserve. The flash of regret on Kaelas's face is a bit more obvious however. "Ah. I see."
----
Having stopped on her way back to Kaelas at the buffet, Phedre sips her punch as she watches Alpha and Kaelas. Eyes a little sad, she wishes there was something she could do, something she could say to help them reach out to one another and get past this. Noticing Masterslug by himself, she heads off to be social with him. But first she refills her punch. This is her first outing since getting married, her first public event as the wife of a TOMUian Sovereign Magistrate. Little nervous about it and the punch helps prevent her mouth from drying out.
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #44063 Posted: Apr 27, 2010, 3:37 pm
Laidan nods politely to the golem and takes an hors d'Å“uvre. As soon as the golem has moved away, he begins to lead his date on a winding path toward Lucy, with a quick stop at the punchbowl if he can get there without coming closer than necessary to the sparked golems. "Fighting dragons seems easier than negotiating society." he remarks to his date.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #44064 Posted: Apr 27, 2010, 3:53 pm
Luckily, the path to the punchbowl is easily navigated, allowing Laidan to ladle a cup of punch for himself and one for his date before they are approached by any Sparked golems. His date smiles a little as they walk. "I've always thought so, myself."

--

Mech has indeed been looking a tad lonesome; Five has managed to strike up a conversation with the guest of honor, and she, not knowing him well, feels a tad out of place. She's never quite sure what to say, particularly to those with strong feelings about her twin. Ceriph would be a welcome distraction - primarily because while the gem golem loves to chatter, Mech prefers to speak only rarely, allowing their conversations to go on far longer than many people have patience for.
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44065 Posted: Apr 27, 2010, 4:35 pm
"I think it likes you, Lucy. Excellent." Kyomi remarks, watching the silver/gold kitten get comfortable, "And true, it wont get old, eat, make messes under the furniture. Though, it might claw the furniture if you aren't watchful." A smile crosses her face, "And I did have help with the crafting. My Shadow has very steady hands."

Nodding a greeting to Kaelas, Kyomi shrugs, "Well, aside from being an instinctive mouse hunter, I don't think my gifts will be much danger to anyone. Provided the instructions are read properly."
ChaosRed
ChaosRed's Avatar
Posts: 159
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 108 years old
Message #44076 Posted: Apr 28, 2010, 5:37 am
Raiden took another big gulp from his cup of punch. It really did have a peculiar after-taste. He was going to have to figure out exactly what that was sooner or later. For now he was content to look at the finely-crafted golem cat. He pondered a little as he looked at it. "Did you happen to have a inscription for mimicry of cat-like behavior, or is it something that gives a template and expands upon it?" <He blinked...my, it was starting to get warm in here. The mask he was wearing shifted to that of a blank slate with holes for his eyes and mouth.> "It is very cute, tho."
Lucy
Lucy's Avatar
Posts: 71
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 97 years old
Message #44080 Posted: Apr 28, 2010, 3:56 pm
"Well it's good to hear that it isn't dangerous." Lucy Laughs the notion of a dangerous kitten.
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #44084 Posted: Apr 28, 2010, 7:11 pm
Gordon walks up to Semaj's flying machine and looks inside, "I could of sworn..." Suprized that no one's inside Gordon takes a moment to look the airship over before heading off. Gordon heads off down the main road, as he leave sight of the party Gordon find a wall between himself and his destination.
Sconibulus
Posts: 664
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 101 years old
Message #44088 Posted: Apr 28, 2010, 9:58 pm
Lily observes Laidan for a while after the incident, ensuring that he isn't overly fussed. Odd, she thinks, that he seems to be avoiding golems for the most part, I wonder what she said to him.

Realizing that this line of speculation is not likely to be fruitful, she hunts her down for questioning.

"Asgersdottir, what was that about? This is supposed to be a party."



Sconi watches carefully as Gordon leaves, stretching and creaking from the uncomfortable position he was in. He surreptitiously wiggles the control stick slightly, checking rotor pitch and responsiveness, then takes several deep breaths. "This could be bad," he mutters to himself as he punches the start button.
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #44092 Posted: Apr 29, 2010, 8:20 am
Asgersdottir blinks, then looks over at Lily. "Huh? Oh, I was just-" she cuts off, then tries to stand up taller. "You shouldn't call me that anymore. I'm Ember now, you know. Pluto gave me my real name and it's much better than my old one." She pauses, waiting for Lily to react. Hoping she agrees, wanting, almost needing, the approval. It's often hard to tell with golems, but Asgersdottir is fairly young and wants desperately to fit in with the older golems.
----
Ceriph, naturally enough, finds the opportunity to chat nearly uninterrupted very agreeable. After talking about the party, the cake, the picture she'd drawn yesterday, her dress, Mech's dress, the cake, Viktor, the Dimitrian Republican Guard, the story her Papa had read her last night, the cake and finally makes her way to her real goal.

"Soooooo... how are you? I mean, you like really nice and you seem to be having fun and everything but I don't mean to pry exactly- which is a funny expression, specially 'cause you're made of metal so I could pry you but that would be kinda gross- but oh yeah, I was asking the thing I wanted to ask you about... are you and Five like a thing?" Not that she's really sure what that means but she'd heard a friend of her mom's say that about her and Kaelas so...
----
Kaelas smiles a little at the climbing kitten of not-doom. "I can believe that easily enough, Lady Kyomi. I'm sure the kitten won't be any more dangerous than the Imp's Ches-" He breaks off, then scans the room, almost scenting the air like a wolf. "Where did he go?" After having to deal with Sconibulus for so many years, his instincts for self-preservation are well honed.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #44093 Posted: Apr 29, 2010, 8:31 am
Mech blinks. "If you mean, are we romantically entangled, I believe that was the general intent behind accompanying each other to such a public event. Or am I mistaken?" she asks, glancing to Five, hoping that he's overheard.
Last Edited: Apr 29, 2010, 8:31 am
 
« | First | 2 | Page 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last | »
Muelsfell Chat Options
Muelsfell currently has no official chat room setup, but there is an unofficial player run chat called Darkmyst Muelsfell Conference.

Username: 


Disclaimer: Please note that this chat is NOT moderated, supported, owned, or operated by Muelsfell staff. Muelsfell is not responsible for the content or function of the chat room, nor is it linked in any way to Muelsfell game functions such as your workshop, account name, or password (your magus name is forwarded to the chat as a nickname if you are logged in when you join the chat). Muelsfell Terms of Service do not apply for this chat, so please use this only at your own risk, and remember that official game staff will NEVER ask for your password.
Why wait? Register for your free account and start playing right now!

Play Muelsfell!