Please enter your user name and password: User Name: Password:
Register an account! · Forgot Password or Username?
What is Muelsfell? - Muelsfell: Rise of the Golems is a persistent browser-based game (PBBG) that revolves around the creation of magical golems by mages and magic users. Muelsfell is part combat, part roleplaying game, part resource management. Sign up for an account and give it a try -- for free!
Darghelm, in the Foothills of Ulvania
The hardy people of Ulvania value family bonds and friends over all else, so Darghelm has developed an extensive network of taverns, cozy inns, and messaging systems. They are not a cowardly nor xenophobic people and so allow people from all over the continent to use their taverns and speakeasy establishments.
You can read but will NOT be able to post until you login or Register
Index » Muelsfell Game Forum » Roleplay Discussions Muelsfell World v1.0 Forums
AuthorThread: Blasphemy, or Progress?
Page 1 | 2
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43690 Posted: Apr 15, 2010, 6:56 pm
Kyomi finds a similar chair to the one Gordon plunked himself on, and seats herself. "That..." She starts, setting her huge book across her lap, "Was a terrible experience."

Her Shadow remains close by, but is silent, instead looking around at the walls and various items Gordon's sanctum has.

"So, as one blasphemer to another, mind explaining what this is all about?" Her half demon face is still very pretty, but there is frustration and near total exhaustion in her features.

"Mr.Ironsmith? May I look at one of these?" Her Shadow motions to one of the books.

(oops, edit)
(OOC: Conversation in Gordon's sanctum, occurring right after the latest wraith incident.)
Last Edited: Apr 15, 2010, 6:57 pm
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43692 Posted: Apr 15, 2010, 7:42 pm
"Please do, books, they are meant to be read." Gordon said taking a good look at Kyomi's face. "And yes, that wasn't what I'd call fun." Gordon let out another sigh I'd suggest we get something to drink, this will take a bit." Gordon gets out of his chair and walks to the side of the room to a trunk which he then opens. "Well these should do." Gordon pulls out two bottles of liquid, each a warm amber colour.

(Edit adding more now that i have time)
Gordon Placed the bottle on the small table in the center of the room. The Table and chair suddenly moved across the room where they stopped, where Gordon and Kyomi could communicate easily. Gordon then headed to a desk by one of the book selves, opening a large drawer and retrieved two glasses. "Now what would you like to know first?" Gordon said placing the glasses on the table before taking a seat.
Last Edited: Apr 15, 2010, 11:16 pm
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43702 Posted: Apr 16, 2010, 12:45 am
Her Shadow picks up a book, seemingly at random, and starts to read it while Kyomi and Gordon chat. For a golem, if that's what he really is, Her Shadow seems like he is slowly starting to relax, the dark shadowy aura about him almost gone.

"Well, I could start with the first question of the mystery. Who? I'm not clueless, you may have noticed a bit of a resemblance, not to mention my ease of using them for other things... But that last one... Who was it?" Kyomi asks, waiting for Gordon to pour the drinks, then accepting one of the glasses and taking the smallest of sips.
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43707 Posted: Apr 16, 2010, 2:25 am
"Apple Cider if you haven't already guessed." Gordon motions to the drinks before taking a sip contemplating Kyomi's question. "Well it isn't a wraith, not really. It's something much more dangerous. From what I understand, in the place of origin, the place between woulds to which the rifts lead it doesn't have a physical form, it is but a force, a collection of energy that some how has developed a will. Here in our world it is more akin to a demi-god beyond the strength of even the greatest of dragons." Gordon thinks a bit more, "And as to who it is, I think it's name is Whisper."
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43753 Posted: Apr 17, 2010, 1:22 am
"I suppose that's why I deal with the shadow realm so often. Something about bringing it to the light, or dark, makes it stronger. At least it wasn't Grendel..." She sips the cider, nodding in appreciation, "Did you get it?" She tilts her head back to call over to Her Shadow.

Absorbed in the book, Her Shadow underhands a small murky sphere at Kyomi, who catches it easily. "But, that's for later. I asked a question, you ask a question."
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43755 Posted: Apr 17, 2010, 1:59 am
"Well what I'd like to know, is what you know about the wraiths and what type of dealing you've had with them." a wood golem, Alice, walked through the room a placed them on the table before heading off again. Gordon picked up the papers and began leafing through them while listening to Kyomi.
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43800 Posted: Apr 18, 2010, 2:47 am
"That's... difficult to explain." Kyomi pauses, takes a breath, then continues, "I'm from the 'other' side. Under, or past, the shadow realm. On my way here I passed through the between places, and learned something of how to survive there."

She holds up the murky gem, "These, are a result of my visit. I came to understand the energy, the ebb and flow of power and what makes up the wraiths. Though, I didn't figure a way to use them like this until much later when they started showing up over here more frequently."

"As for direct dealings? I met a few of them, mostly mindless, always searching for something... but never knowing what. Like a haunting spirit. But a few do find what ever it is they are looking for, and gain something of what they used to be. Either powerful dead wizards, or shadows of former demons. The ones who gain even more than a piece of themselves... You've seen them too."

"Now my turn. We both know a method to give our creations free will and thought, but your wife is far different... How?"
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43804 Posted: Apr 18, 2010, 7:36 am
"Hum, well I knew this question would come up eventually. Well firstly Lucy isn't my creation, I didn't create anything about her, well at least not what's important." Gordon pauses, "A long while ago a man met a lovely lady. Soon they fell in love and where married. One late night that lovely lady met another man, a very bad man. That man had a plan, an intent, and in his hand he held something that sparkled in the lamp light." Gordon's eyes had grown dark, and his voice malevolent.

"But before I go on, you'll need to realizes such things require a certain level of trust, and well I don't need to know everything, but there are some obvious questions. While I have some ideas on your... Well I'd rather hear it from you." Gordon had let the darkness leave his face and voice, but it was clear what he wanted in exchange for information concerning Lucy.
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43813 Posted: Apr 18, 2010, 11:04 pm
Kyomi smiles, "He isn't a golem. Not quite. Certainly, he is created like one. His body is made of flesh, or stone, or clay, or what ever I have on hand..."

"Please don't remind me." Her Shadow interrupts, "I still have bad dreams about cold feet or burning hands."

"ahem... But yes, his construction was started like any other, but I added something, in the traditional style of a thaumaturge's homunculus. Let's just say he's my way of compensating for a personal deficiency, and leave it like that." Kyomi smiles, "That is why we are so close, he is as much a part of me, as I am of him."

"That makes two people now." Her Shadow says, "If Alpha could even read your notes."
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43904 Posted: Apr 21, 2010, 9:38 pm
"Yes, alpha, and his, what would you call it... family? They seem to have there hands in all the happening of this realm." Gordon shakes his head letting silence fill the room, "Though I suppose I've been a bit rude to my guest, are you certain isn't something you'd like?
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43929 Posted: Apr 22, 2010, 9:37 am
"Ah, 'what do you want', 'who do you serve', the questions eternal." Kyomi chuckles, gaining a little more of her usual liveliness, "Something stronger," She holds up her empty glass, "and an answer, provided mine satisfies you."

"I've a request too." Her Shadow says quietly, putting down the book he had been reading and getting another.
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43955 Posted: Apr 22, 2010, 11:45 pm
"We'll your anwser did awnser my questions for the most part, Well you see I left our world in search of Lucy who had been wroungfuly taken, and I brought her back. As you can imagine that proved difficult, paticlarly since she was long buryed some 10 miles from here."

Gordon smiled, "I'll have a golem bring somthing, any prefences? And Shadow, what would you like to know?" Gordon tapped his fingers on the table a few times sending wood golem into the room.

Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #43958 Posted: Apr 23, 2010, 12:29 am
"Brandy, if you have it... Today has been one of those days." Kyomi replies with a sigh. "So, you brought Lucy back... And put her into a new shell? Or am I misunderstanding?"

"Different sin, same purpose... Not like I'm complaining." Her Shadow adds, "As for my request... I don't suppose I could stay behind when my Mistress leaves? I've read all her books, and OTAKU's books, and even the four local library's books... But not these ones."
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #43983 Posted: Apr 23, 2010, 5:37 pm
Gordon sends the wood golem to fetch the Brandy. "I imagine not, the one your reading now I wrote myself. This room is my personal reference room, and many of these books are also found in the SFC Library, but it seems people outside of my clan don't like to brave the swamp, or maybe its the humidity." Gordon chuckles, "As per your request, I'll need to think on it a little, but perhaps you might find the one interesting." Gordon points towards A large nameless tome with a piece of polished amber. "That is Volthos' guide to elemental binding , but I suggest you don't try the actual binding..."
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44043 Posted: Apr 25, 2010, 7:53 pm
Her Shadow nods once and replies "When I am done this one then."

Kyomi chuckles, "Elemental binding... I've done some simple things along those lines, power sources, weapons, but I find the raw stuff too hard to contain, control or collect. Light and dark are so much easier."
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #44044 Posted: Apr 25, 2010, 11:15 pm
"Yes pseudo elements are much easier, since they don't naturally form any level of sentience, which brings use back to why your here in the first place, the wraiths. From what I can tell from there movements the final wraith horde puts them south of Fellen between the desert and the marsh. I also think that this Shadow being "Whisper", whom I'll refer to as Red Cloak, is Going to head there to bolster any numbers already holding at that location." Gordon's Eyebrow raises as a golem silently enters the room with the Brandy on a tray, but rather then the wood golem its a Golem Clad in black loose-fitting clothing.

Unconcerned Gordon continues, "I have begun the process of acquiring a large number of golems from my clan depot and refitting them. You could say that I'm Composing a bit of a personal army for this upcoming battle." The Golem reaches the Table setting down another glass for Kyomi the bottle of brandy, and a small container filled with ice.
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44095 Posted: Apr 29, 2010, 9:21 am
"OTAKU has done something like that without even trying really. We've had at least two total depot clearings. One from the early days, where we took in every spare golem we could, and another when we upgraded from the irons... Then they gave them all to me to control, when we suddenly needed a war office."

With care Kyomi pours herself a drink, "Seeing how the wraiths have been acting, and reacting to our efforts, I'm going to have to start making more modifications.... At least Golat will be happy."
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #44126 Posted: Apr 30, 2010, 4:08 am
"Yes clearing a depot is never an easy task." Gordon smiles taking a drink of his cider. "I imagine OTAKU has quite the number of golems, it's much more established then SFC, we've only been able to flex our political powers recently, and with all the tension from previous wars and conflicts it can be quite troublesome." With a grunt Gordon pulls a pencil from the pouch on the side of his chair and begins scribbling a message down on one of the sheet of paper he had be looking over.

The Golem clad in black cloth, unlike the other golems to enter the room, stood off by the bookcase rather then leave.
Last Edited: Apr 30, 2010, 4:09 am
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44165 Posted: May 1, 2010, 2:21 pm
Her Shadow raises an eyebrow at the black clad golem, then goes back to the book he was reading.

"Ug, politics. Almost a dirty word in my books. Thankfully the only politics I am made to bother with are personal." Kyomi sighs, takes another sip of her drink, then "We need an actual solution to this problem. talking of armies of half working golems, and what to throw them at is fine, but useless."
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #44172 Posted: May 2, 2010, 3:27 am
"Well I will agree that politics are no fun, but they can't be ignored Particularly when you lead a clan." Gordon ponders as if he lost his train of thought. "But as per the reason I brought politics up is the governmental bodies of the lands we've been fighting in are not entirely comfortable with large groups of mages working together, powerful mages from different clans no less. Such groupings, in their eyes, spells out rebellion. While I have political backing from the Dimitrian Republican Guard, I supply them with large amounts of enchanted metals, I've begun to receive pressure as rumors spread amongst officials."

Stretching in his seat Gordon continues, "I haven't been able to get an accurate count of the wraiths as they are to spread out. Frost Fire and Iris," At the mention of Iris the black clad golem turned its head slightly. "Have been able to spot 32 wraiths, though there has been no signs of the more powerful wraiths, but I haven't been able to keep up a constant surveillance."

Edit~ OOC: must have been tiered when writing the last bit, changed it to fit the time line.
Last Edited: May 3, 2010, 4:32 am
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44195 Posted: May 3, 2010, 4:59 am
"Well, either we work together, or end up getting crushed, converted, or blamed." Kyomi says with a grumble, "This wouldn't be the first time I've seen politics blame an innocent, or turn their back on a problem that isn't directly theirs."

"Reguardless, we need a solution, even if it means strong-arm politics. Though, I hope it doesn't come to that, I move my workshop around enough as it is..." She runs a hand through her hair tiredly, "Speaking of that, I must return some time soon. If I don't, people might wonder if I'd gotten out alive or not."
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #44203 Posted: May 3, 2010, 7:10 pm
"Well fortunately I can move through the swamp, and I believe you can move golems unnoticed using your book. Once we get our Golems there I doubt there will be problems, but I imagine others will have difficulty moving golems, that is if they want to help." Gordon sighs, "That is of course assuming you wish to aid and that you can gain the backing of your clan."
Last Edited: May 6, 2010, 2:24 pm
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44241 Posted: May 6, 2010, 9:08 am
"Not quite, but I have my ways, yes." Kyomi replies, "As for backing of my clan... I'm the head of the war office, I can give myself my own backing, though, I'm sure a few others would love to help... If people don't like it, I'll get demoted, and simply get more sleep because I'm doing less paperwork."
GordonIronsmith
GordonIronsmith's Avatar
Posts: 434
Location: Broukendale
Magus Age: 98 years old
Message #44255 Posted: May 6, 2010, 7:09 pm
Gordon laughs at Kyomi's last comment, "I can understand that, but paper work problems are easy to solve. Just get a secretary. It's the only way I can keep on top of everything." Gordon stood up straitening his shirt. "I suppose people will begin wondering if your actually alive..."
Last Edited: May 6, 2010, 10:10 pm
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44282 Posted: May 7, 2010, 7:19 pm
Kyomi nods, then looks back at Her Shadow, "So, can he stay?"

"I promise to behave, if that's what worries you." He replies, putting down the book and selecting another.

And with that, Her Shadow uses his free hand, pushes two fingers into the center of his chest, and pulls out a gem that seems to be on fire with a black flame. He tosses it to Kyomi, who catches it easily.

"Blasphemy?" Kyomi says.

"Or progress?" Her Shadow finishes, seemingly unaffected by the removal of his power source.
 
Page 1 | Last
Muelsfell Chat Options
Muelsfell currently has no official chat room setup, but there is an unofficial player run chat called Darkmyst Muelsfell Conference.

Username: 


Disclaimer: Please note that this chat is NOT moderated, supported, owned, or operated by Muelsfell staff. Muelsfell is not responsible for the content or function of the chat room, nor is it linked in any way to Muelsfell game functions such as your workshop, account name, or password (your magus name is forwarded to the chat as a nickname if you are logged in when you join the chat). Muelsfell Terms of Service do not apply for this chat, so please use this only at your own risk, and remember that official game staff will NEVER ask for your password.
Why wait? Register for your free account and start playing right now!

Play Muelsfell!