Please enter your user name and password: User Name: Password:
Register an account! · Forgot Password or Username?
What is Muelsfell? - Muelsfell: Rise of the Golems is a persistent browser-based game (PBBG) that revolves around the creation of magical golems by mages and magic users. Muelsfell is part combat, part roleplaying game, part resource management. Sign up for an account and give it a try -- for free!
Darghelm, in the Foothills of Ulvania
The hardy people of Ulvania value family bonds and friends over all else, so Darghelm has developed an extensive network of taverns, cozy inns, and messaging systems. They are not a cowardly nor xenophobic people and so allow people from all over the continent to use their taverns and speakeasy establishments.
You can read but will NOT be able to post until you login or Register
Index » Muelsfell Game Forum » Roleplay Discussions Muelsfell World v1.0 Forums
AuthorThread: Lost In the Woods?
[LOCKED]
1 | Page 2 | 3 | 4
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #44952 Posted: Jul 1, 2010, 7:39 pm
Unfortunately, it's too late by sometime. A lizard, awakened by the drunken antics, approaches them through the underbrush. Six feet long, the creature has blue bands along its massive tail and powerful jaws; it approaches, slowly, stealthily. Cat would make a fine supper...

Ace manages a weak grin as he's shepherded along the path. "Or repulsed by it, like my stomach."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44958 Posted: Jul 1, 2010, 8:06 pm
"Actually, if the smell drives critters away, all the better," Nanashi replies. "Your clothes don't leave all that much to the imagination. So, unless you have weapons that I didn't notice, we could wind up as something's breakfast."

"Oh come on," says Jellikal, scowling. "The stuff around here I can hunt with my homunculus. It's not that scary."

Nanashi gives a non-committal look, still half-carrying Ace, "Odd... I don't see your homunculus. Is it in your dress? Seems kind of a tight fit to me."

Up ahead, the cat pauses, tail curling this way and that, as it searches around.
Last Edited: Jul 1, 2010, 9:08 pm
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #44959 Posted: Jul 1, 2010, 8:09 pm
Ace manages a weak grin. "If so, I'll fetch it for you..." earning him another swat from Jellikal.

Jelli scowls. "Well we're all made of flesh, and I have a light, so we should be as safe as a flesh golem, right?"

"'cept for the whole feeling pain thing," points out Ace. "And I'm not that fast..."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44961 Posted: Jul 1, 2010, 8:27 pm
"Not really," Nanashi replies. "A lantern may help you see better at night, but things out there can know right where you are. And right now, you look good enough for me to eat. A monster wouldn't be nice about it, though."

Ahead, the cat's tail fluffs a bit as it jumps up onto some low branches. Its ears swivel back and forth, alert but uncertain.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #44964 Posted: Jul 1, 2010, 8:39 pm
The lizard, finally catching up to its prey, lunges forth, jaws open wide to attack the tasty feline that it has chosen for its dinner this evening.

Jellikal shrieks, leaping backwards to get out of the way. Ace releases Nanashi and promptly falls on his ass again.
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44968 Posted: Jul 1, 2010, 9:03 pm
The cat jumps to higher branches, puffing its fur up a few sizes and hissing furiously. It swipes a claw-filled paw at empty air below it, Who dares try to attack me?

Caught off guard for a moment, Nanashi stands stunned, then shakes himself and puts his hand to the ground, murmuring a snare spell. Vines spring up under the lizard and grow rapidly, beginning to wrap around its legs.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #44976 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 2:00 am
The lizard strains against the growth, then swigs his massive tail, beating the grass back. It will take him a few moments to get free - a fact that Ace manages to pick up on, as he grabs Jellikal's arm and lurches onwards. "Come on, let's get out of here!"
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #44980 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 3:10 am
Nanashi's voice begins to echo with a peculiar double tone as he keeps chanting, one hand pressed into the soil. His other hand extends towards the lizard's head, his chant becoming thicker.

The air grows cooler as the lizard slows, its thrashing more fitful.

The cat, up in a tree, keeps up its hissing tirade, fur puffed up, tail stiff as a brush.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45010 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 10:37 pm
Ace tugs forward, trying to drag Jelli down the path to TOMU's campus, but Jellikal stops, pulling free.

"Wait, we can't leave Nanashi back there." she says, frankly.

Ace rolls his eyes. "Next you'll be saying we have to rescue the cat," he gripes.

"Well we should..." points out Jellikal.

"The cat can rescue itself!"

~*~

The lizard's struggles slow further. It's already nighttime - not time to be hunting, despite the noise - and now it's cold too. So cold... must be naptime.
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45011 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 10:58 pm
Nanashi continues chanting as the lizard slows further, sinking listlessly to the ground. The vines wrap more securely around it as their growth slows. A definite chill fills the area as Nanashi's voice trails off roughly.

The cat, unconvinced, hisses fitfully, fur standing on end and claws swiping air.

The vines still their growth as Nanashi trails off on a last double syllable. He slumps to his hands and knees, dragging a ragged breath.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45012 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 11:00 pm
Ace stumbles forward to help Nanashi, tripping over his feet, and Jellikal leaves him there, muttering something about a "drunken slob". Instead it is Jellikal that offers a hand up, asking, "Are you alright?"
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45014 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 11:13 pm
Nanashi nods tiredly and coughs, "Water...?" trying to refrain from lying prone on the dirt. The cat hisses a few more times, up in a tree. "Shut up *cough* dumb cat."

The cat slowly settles its fur with a few judicious licks and carefully hops its way down the branches to the ground. It triumphantly flings a few meager pawfuls of dirt, burying the defeated, and sneezes at it.

Nanashi rattles, "Real mature..."
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45015 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 11:22 pm
"What do you expect, it's a cat?" asks Ace, managing to pull himself to a sitting position. "Pussy pussy puss."

Jellikal helps Nanashi sit up, frowning. "I don't have water. That was amazing! You saved us!"
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45016 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 11:31 pm
Nanashi looks over at Ace but doesn't say anything. He turns to Jellikal and says, "Was either that *cough* or it came after us."

Ignoring Ace completely, the cat walks over to Jellikal and rubs the length of his body against her.

Nanashi fumbles weakly at a fold of his tunic and pulls out a small waterskin. He tiredly pulls the plug free with his teeth and takes a slow swallow.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45017 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 11:35 pm
Jellikal frowns, her love of tabloids causing her brain to run wild with theories. "Ohmigod, do you think someone sent it after us? But who could train something with that small a brain? Ohmigod, do you think the Angelic Order has secret mind-control devices in their catacombs? Do you think they're planning on sending mutant wraiths against us? Oh! Oh my god! There was a wraith attack on Bossenwale, right? Maybe they were behind it! Maybe they're taking over the world?"

Hysterically, Ace begins to laugh, falling over backwards.
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45018 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 11:45 pm
Nanashi watches Jellikal rant with a non-plussed look for a moment, then slips a hand behind her neck and pulls her in for a kiss on the lips. He holds her there for a moment, hoping she will be quiet long enough for him to speak.

He breaks off the kiss slowly and says hoarsely, "Might as well ask who could train Ace." He coughs and takes a ragged breath. "I don't think it was a set-up. We just slipped outside my last concealment, and I forgot to recast it."

Nanashi lifts his hand off Jellikal's shoulder and takes a sip of more water. "I think we woke it up, and it was hungry. If I had stopped... it would have come after us as a threat, and possibly food."
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45019 Posted: Jul 2, 2010, 11:55 pm
And now it's Jellikal's turn to fall on her ass. She grins. "My my," she says, in a teasing manner. "I had no idea you felt that way."

Ace's head droops in a sulk. Wonderful. He'd lost the girl too. Oh hey a caterpillar. Caterpillars are awesome. Maybe he'd throw up on the caterpillar. Teach it a lesson for stealing his girl. Wait, hang on, there's something wrong with that....

Jellikal, meanwhile, considers the actual point of Nanashi's statements. "You're probably right," she says, reluctantly. "Do you think it's safe to keep pressing on to the campus? Maybe we should rent a hotel room in town?"
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45020 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 12:05 am
"You do taste good..." Nanashi mumbles then covers it with another swig of water. "Either way is a long walk, now. Give me a bit, and I might be able to cast a concealment. Would be well to stay fairly quiet, though. Dawn is coming."

Nanashi looks at Jellikal consideringly, then glances at Ace, and asks, "Do you have enough for rooms at an inn?"
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45021 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 12:14 am
Ace scowls. "I'm on scholarship," he explains, distractedly. Cater pillar pillar pillacatapill. "Pillacat," he mumbles, liking the sound of the word.

Jellikal jumps in, then, exasperatedly. "I'm a Stanton," she says, unnecessarily. "Any place will give me credit for the night, and my father will pay any bill they send him. It's not like it's that expensive or anything." Her brother will be mad, she reasons to herself; he was always getting on her case about wastefully spending his inheritance on silly things like education, when obviously she was just a foolish teenage girl unworthy of such things, but Jellikal wasn't as silly as she came across. She knew damn well what would happen when her brother got his inheritance, and it wouldn't involve him giving her any money or freedom. She didn't want to live at home with him for the rest of her days if she could help it.
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45022 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 12:30 am
"Well... that can cover you. But what about us? Plan to share a room?" asks Nanashi, quirking an eyebrow.

The cat climbs onto Jellikal's lap and arches its back to rub under her chin, purring.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45023 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 12:37 am
"I figured I'd bill two rooms. You can share, right?" she asks, casually, reaching up to try and fix her hair.

Ace coughs. "I count as male now?" Ace asks, suspiciously.

Jellikal frowns. "Don't you? You're dressed as a guy tonight anyway, so I figured..."

"Well don't," he says, sharply. "You lovebirds go on ahead. I'll find my own way to the campus."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45024 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 12:55 am
"Nice as it might be to share miss Jellikal's company," Nanashi smiles shyly. "I wouldn't wish to sully her reputation." He looks over at Ace, and says, "It wouldn't be a good idea for any of us to go alone. I don't think I have it in me to face off against another monster. How's your head?"
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45025 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 12:57 am
"For god's sake, I'll get three rooms. I'll only be in trouble for the next decade anyway, but it doesn't matter, really, so long as nobody ends up dead," she mumbles, fully irritated.

Ace cricks his neck a little. "In one piece?" he offers, with a weak grin. "I'll be okay once I can sleep this off."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45026 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 1:47 am
Taking a deep breath, Nanashi stands wearily and dusts himself off. He bends down and, dumping the cat unceremoniously on the ground, takes Jellikal's hand and pulls her to her feet. "Do you wish to find an inn and freshen up before you return?"

Nanashi steps over the indignant cat and offers a hand to Ace. He looks back over his shoulder and says, "I confess, I am not entirely sure of the way to the nearest town any more than I am to your university... Just the general direction."
Jellikal
Jellikal's Avatar
Posts: 298
Location: Ogsden
Magus Age: 102 years old
Real Name: jellikal@ymail.com
Message #45027 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 2:31 am
Jellikal scowls, stamping her foot. "Dammit, I knew I should have brought a golem, or asked one of the TOMU golems to walk me home. Where are they, anyway? Shouldn't they all be headed home? If we wait here long enough, they should pass us, right?"

Ace takes the hand, struggling to his feet, clumsily. "Thanks," he says, curtly.
Last Edited: Jul 3, 2010, 2:35 am
 
First | Page 2 | 3 | Last | »
Muelsfell Chat Options
Muelsfell currently has no official chat room setup, but there is an unofficial player run chat called Darkmyst Muelsfell Conference.

Username: 


Disclaimer: Please note that this chat is NOT moderated, supported, owned, or operated by Muelsfell staff. Muelsfell is not responsible for the content or function of the chat room, nor is it linked in any way to Muelsfell game functions such as your workshop, account name, or password (your magus name is forwarded to the chat as a nickname if you are logged in when you join the chat). Muelsfell Terms of Service do not apply for this chat, so please use this only at your own risk, and remember that official game staff will NEVER ask for your password.
Why wait? Register for your free account and start playing right now!

Play Muelsfell!