Please enter your user name and password: User Name: Password:
Register an account! · Forgot Password or Username?
What is Muelsfell? - Muelsfell: Rise of the Golems is a persistent browser-based game (PBBG) that revolves around the creation of magical golems by mages and magic users. Muelsfell is part combat, part roleplaying game, part resource management. Sign up for an account and give it a try -- for free!
Darghelm, in the Foothills of Ulvania
The hardy people of Ulvania value family bonds and friends over all else, so Darghelm has developed an extensive network of taverns, cozy inns, and messaging systems. They are not a cowardly nor xenophobic people and so allow people from all over the continent to use their taverns and speakeasy establishments.
You can read but will NOT be able to post until you login or Register
Index » Muelsfell Game Forum » Roleplay Discussions Muelsfell World v1.0 Forums
AuthorThread: Lost In the Woods?
[LOCKED]
1 | 2 | Page 3 | 4
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45028 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 2:43 am
Nanashi looks down at Ace's hand in his grasp confusedly for a second, then shrugs and says, "You're welcome."

He turns back to Jellikal and hops on one foot when the cat swipes at him. "Ow! That's my leg, you ingrate! See if I save you from being chow again." He aims an ineffectual kick at the cat, who simply moves out of the way.

He steps up to Jellikal and gently brushes the hair out of her face, looking into her eyes. "We're roughly west of the Southmount. Where was the party you came from? And, in case you didn't notice, we are on an animal track, not a road."
Jellikal
Jellikal's Avatar
Posts: 298
Location: Ogsden
Magus Age: 102 years old
Real Name: jellikal@ymail.com
Message #45029 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 2:49 am
Jellikal blushes, embarrassed at how lost they'd gotten. "I'm not very good with wilderness," she points out. "I'm much more of a city girl. The party was just down the hill in Rildesjan, at the big hotel downtown."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45030 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 2:59 am
His finger trails down her cheek before he snatches his hand away and turns abruptly. He coughs in his hand to cover a half-smile and says, "Well, any university golem isn't likely to come this way, we are too far west. And even if one did come west on an errand, we would only see them on a road."

He looks around in thought, "So, we shall make do ourselves. But first, where do you two wish to go?"
Jellikal
Jellikal's Avatar
Posts: 298
Location: Ogsden
Magus Age: 102 years old
Real Name: jellikal@ymail.com
Message #45032 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 3:07 am
"Town," says Jellikal, right as Ace says "Home". They exchange a glance, then Jellikal sighs. "Whichever is closer. Do you have any idea where we are?"
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45033 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 3:15 am
Nanashi looks around and promptly says, "In a forest." The cat glares at him and takes another swipe at his leg. "But, if I remember right, we are north of Shuul... I think that is closest."
Jellikal
Jellikal's Avatar
Posts: 298
Location: Ogsden
Magus Age: 102 years old
Real Name: jellikal@ymail.com
Message #45034 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 3:18 am
Jellikal sighs. "Then let's head south. At least there aren't lizards in Shuul." She hands Nanashi the lantern she'd dropped, moving to try and support Ace herself - after all, in a crisis, Nanashi will want his hands free.

"Where were you headed, anyway?" she asks, idly.
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45035 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 3:27 am
Nanashi takes the lantern and looks down at the cat, "All right, fleabag, make yourself worth something and find the nearest tavern."

The cat looks up at him with wide eyes, tail very still, "meow?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll buy you a beer," Nanashi sighs, resigned. The cat promptly turns south and jumps into the underbrush. "But you'll have to get a bath first!" He calls after the disappearing tail.

Nanashi pulls a large branch aside, and bowing, says, "My ladies, if you please..."
Jellikal
Jellikal's Avatar
Posts: 298
Location: Ogsden
Magus Age: 102 years old
Real Name: jellikal@ymail.com
Message #45039 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 3:34 am
Ace rubs at his head a little, leaning on Jellikal. "I must be drunker than I thought," he points out. "It looked like that cat understood him."

Jellikal sighs. "You're way too drunk, but I saw it too."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45040 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 3:38 am
Nanashi coughs. "That cat has weirding ways... better if you don't think on it over much. More to the point, it likes ale. Now, if we could be on our way quietly, I don't like the idea of being ravished by something unfriendly."
Jellikal
Jellikal's Avatar
Posts: 298
Location: Ogsden
Magus Age: 102 years old
Real Name: jellikal@ymail.com
Message #45041 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 3:42 am
Jellikal shudders. "You think they'd ravish us? I was just worried about being eaten..."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45042 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 3:47 am
Nanashi sighs. "I was referring to them eating us. Never mind, let's just go before we lose the cat." Nanashi walks ahead with the lantern pulling the branch back behind him.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45047 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 6:09 am
Fifteen minutes later, Jellikal slows to a stop, having darted after the cat while Ace paused to throw up once more. "Dammit dammit dammit!" she swears, before turning back. "Hey, um, I can't find the cat..."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45048 Posted: Jul 3, 2010, 6:11 am
Nanashi lifts the lantern a little higher to see Jellikal's face better. "You're kidding..."
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45069 Posted: Jul 4, 2010, 8:50 pm
Jellikal's face is crestfallen -- she's not kidding. Ace groans between bouts of vomiting. "Ugggh. So we're lost?"
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45072 Posted: Jul 4, 2010, 9:26 pm
Nanashi lifts the lantern high and looks around at the trees, then lowers the lantern scratching his head and sighs, "Yeah... we're still lost. Stupid cat, I should have expected this. Guess I'm more tired than I thought."
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45082 Posted: Jul 5, 2010, 11:18 pm
Jellikal's lower lip quivers. "W-what do we do?" she asks, trying to quell the rising urge to panic.
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45083 Posted: Jul 5, 2010, 11:31 pm
Nanashi takes Jellikal's hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. "First, you are going to calm down, my dear. Panicking won't help us. Second, we need Ace's stomach to stop trying to turn inside out. I don't want to try the concealment spell near that smell. Once we get concealed we can wait for morning and see better with the sun."

Nanashi lets go of Jellikal's hand and searches the folds of his tunic, and pulls out a small pouch. Sorting through it, he draws out a couple leaves and berries, mashing them together. He offers the overly ripe smelling mush to Ace and says, "Here, put this under your tongue but don't swallow it. Should help a sour stomach, but... it couldn't hurt..."
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45090 Posted: Jul 7, 2010, 1:36 am
Ace makes a face, but does as he is told; Jellikal, meanwhile, creeps closer to Nanashi, ostensibly to seek relief from the cold and dark and whatever animals might be out there.
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45092 Posted: Jul 7, 2010, 1:50 am
Nanashi absently puts an arm around Jellikal while looking at the surroundings. "Assuming Ace's stomach can stay where it is for a while, we should move a little away from here and find a place to cast a concealment."

Nanashi turns to look at Jellikal, finally noticing his arm around her, and starts to pull it away, saying, "I-If you are willing, I could use your help in the casting, I'm still not much recovered from the lizard."
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45093 Posted: Jul 7, 2010, 2:10 am
Jellikal nods, hesitantly. "How can I help...?" she asks, softly.
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45094 Posted: Jul 7, 2010, 2:38 am
Nanashi leads Ace and Jellikal a little ways from the last spot Ace threw up. Sometime in the recent past, a large tree had fallen on its kindred, leaving a slice of starry sky. Propped up on its successors, the tree has a sheltered space under it just big enough for the trio.

Nanashi turns to the other two, and says, "This looks like a good spot. Wish I had found it earlier, beats the rock I slept on last." He hangs the lantern on a broken branch along the trunk and turns it to the lowest setting. "Since I think Ace might be too ill right now..."

Nanashi takes Jellikal's hand and pulls her into his arms, turning her back to his chest. His hands slide down her arms to lay over her hands, drawing them close together in front of her. His breath brushes her ear as he whispers, "We are going to use the forest to conceal us, make it more of what it is. Ready...?"
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45104 Posted: Jul 7, 2010, 9:21 pm
Jellikal nods, nervously, her feelings mixed. On the one hand, she'd never done a spell of this caliber before - she was nervous and excited all at once. But on the other hand, Nanashi's arms were around her, cradling her. She'd never suspected that Nanashi might have an interest in her - though she supposed it wasn't unusual, given her social standing and her figure. Nanashi was exactly the kind of man she needed to marry if she wanted to be assured of being taken care of for the rest of her life - if only he was a TOMU member! That would be her undoing, she worried. And yet... she loved a good romance, loved being adored, loved being held, loved being in love. At this point, could she stop what was developing if she wanted to?
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45110 Posted: Jul 8, 2010, 2:59 am
"We need to use the essence of the forest to hide our presence," Nanashi murmurs in Jellikal's ear. A shimmer of energy slowly appears between their joined hands. "See the starlight shining down through the trees. Hear the wind sighing through the leaves, and the insects that are hiding. Feel the ground beneath your feet, firm yet giving life."

Threads of mana begin to gather between their fingers, from the trees and soil. Nanashi breathes slowly, deeply. "Can you feel it? The life of the forest has a heartbeat, a pulse."
Jellikal
Jellikal's Avatar
Posts: 298
Location: Ogsden
Magus Age: 102 years old
Real Name: jellikal@ymail.com
Message #45118 Posted: Jul 8, 2010, 9:18 pm
Jellikal is about to agree; she can feel something, in Nanashi's arms, with the older magus murmuring in her ear. Something delicious and wonderful, something delightful and a little scary. But the part of her that isn't flighty and frivolous, the part of her that drove her to attend college, the part of her that drives to secure her future and not just live in the moment, nags at her, until finally she turns her attention outward, feeling the pull of magical energy through her from the older, more experienced magus.

Slowly, her breathing shifts to match his; she closes her eyes, focusing on the currents of energy. The currents draw her outward, however, into the forest that is the focus of the spell. As the young girl sinks into the pattern of the spell, she ceases to be merely a young, frivolous girl - she becomes a living creature, connected to the forest itself, to the creatures within; she becomes alert and aware of the patterns that move the wind, the gentle feel of starlight, the location of each calling insect. Most importantly, however, she becomes still, content, at peace with herself.

Slowly, the power in their hands grows, as it taps into her own, full reservoir.
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #45124 Posted: Jul 8, 2010, 11:13 pm
Nanashi feels her breathing match his, her gentle warmth in his arms, and pushes it aside in his mind, refusing to be distracted from the spell lest it go wrong. The spell grows stronger as her full magic twines with his depleted reserves.

Nanashi's voice becomes soft and distant. "Good, feel the spirit of the forest. Let it flow in and through you, don't fight it." The threads of mana glimmer in shades of green, brown, and starlight, filling with life and being. "Now feed it back to the forest and become a mirror. The trees, the wind, the ground, the starlight, all the life of the forest shall grow more and hide us from danger."

The spell expands and weaves up their arms and around them both. It extends over Ace and covers the small clearing, gossamer thin yet glimmering vibrantly.
 
« | First | 2 | Page 3 | Last
Muelsfell Chat Options
Muelsfell currently has no official chat room setup, but there is an unofficial player run chat called Darkmyst Muelsfell Conference.

Username: 


Disclaimer: Please note that this chat is NOT moderated, supported, owned, or operated by Muelsfell staff. Muelsfell is not responsible for the content or function of the chat room, nor is it linked in any way to Muelsfell game functions such as your workshop, account name, or password (your magus name is forwarded to the chat as a nickname if you are logged in when you join the chat). Muelsfell Terms of Service do not apply for this chat, so please use this only at your own risk, and remember that official game staff will NEVER ask for your password.
Why wait? Register for your free account and start playing right now!

Play Muelsfell!