Please enter your user name and password: User Name: Password:
Register an account! · Forgot Password or Username?
What is Muelsfell? - Muelsfell: Rise of the Golems is a persistent browser-based game (PBBG) that revolves around the creation of magical golems by mages and magic users. Muelsfell is part combat, part roleplaying game, part resource management. Sign up for an account and give it a try -- for free!
Darghelm, in the Foothills of Ulvania
The hardy people of Ulvania value family bonds and friends over all else, so Darghelm has developed an extensive network of taverns, cozy inns, and messaging systems. They are not a cowardly nor xenophobic people and so allow people from all over the continent to use their taverns and speakeasy establishments.
You can read but will NOT be able to post until you login or Register
Index » Muelsfell Game Forum » Roleplay Discussions Muelsfell World v1.0 Forums
AuthorThread: The party's aftermath
[LOCKED]
Page 1 | 2
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45150 Posted: Jul 11, 2010, 3:35 am
The Chancellor lived, as most heads of clans do, in a large manor, complete with lavish workshop, gardens, and training yards. As "Chancellor of the University" was a position open only to Sovereign Magistrates of The Order of Magisterius, the Chancellor's Residence was quite well kept, with a large study from where many historic decisions had been made. As the position typically was held for life but no longer, the Residence had seen a number of turnovers in its long history -- and yet, none recently. The previous Chancellor, after all, had been such for quite some time - and the new Chancellor had no intention of ousting her mentor from his home.

The previous Chancellor being who he was, a series of rooms had been turned into a quite well-stocked medical wing. The current Chancellor knew these rooms well - and she was sick to death of being in them. But then, that was a poorly chosen turn of phrase, as she was almost always here because she was sick nearly unto death. Oh bitter, bitter irony. At least she had managed to calm herself significantly - now she sat on a cot, watching as her mentor fussed over Sconibulus. She'd missed what he'd done to himself, though she was absolutely sure, knowing Sconi, that he'd done it to himself in some extravagant stupidity that would likely inspire a new rule against... doing whatever he did. Even on a night such as this, she was burdened by the imp's carelessness.

Tag Kaelas, Laidan, and perhaps Sconi if he wants to regain conciousness.
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45205 Posted: Jul 13, 2010, 5:01 pm
Laidan and Phedre move toward the compound as fast as Laidan can manage with an intoxicated companion. He has using his magic freely, hastening their pace and putting a force field around Phedre in case he's unable to catch a stumble. As they get closer Laidan slows down, unsure of what security might be in place. He's sure Phedre would be allowed through unimpeded, but given his history he thinks it might be imprudent to just charge in. He looks to the lady of the house "Is there any security I should be worried about?"
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #45214 Posted: Jul 14, 2010, 7:11 am
She stares at him for a moment, then nods. "Uh-huh," she replies, then reaches for his... oh, his pocket. Good. "Papper? The pa-per mah love gave yae... got a thingie on it." She smiles at Laiden. He's such a sweet lad, if a bit of a hellraiser. "He gives'm to students that has to visits," she adds, then looks around. "Is this mah house? Fancy that..."

Off to the left, a gleam of blue quickly approaches the pair.
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45216 Posted: Jul 14, 2010, 2:39 pm
Laidan takes the paper from his pocket and examines it closely. Hopefully whatever golem (assuming that's what the blue glow is) approaches is friendly if sparked (it seems like they all are these days, maybe some of Yami's fear is rubbing off on him). He mentally prepares some defensive magic in case it seems threatening.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45223 Posted: Jul 14, 2010, 11:55 pm
((Hopefully senpai won't mind my snagging his security))

A pair of large Adamantine golems approach, faces set into that dispassionate and yet intimidating face that bouncers at high-ranking clubs have. They, like Viktor, mostly consist of sculpted muscle, though these wear leather armor to cover their chests as well as the traditional loincloth.

One turns to the woman on Laidan's arm, speaking in a flat, businesslike tone. "Mistress Phedre. Welcome home." It offers an arm to her, noticing her distress - Sparked, then.

The other, however, turns to Laidan himself. "State your name and business here." it says, in an even less friendly tone than its fellow golem had used.
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45231 Posted: Jul 15, 2010, 6:35 pm
"Magistrate Laidan Artise, escorting Lady Phedre and hoping to visit Lady Yamiko" he says with a nod, still unsure if the golem is sparked (and therefore might care about a respectful nod) or not.

((OOC, what is the pronunciation on Phedre's name, out of curiosity?)
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #45235 Posted: Jul 16, 2010, 9:18 am
(I'm told the traditional would be 'fee-dra' in Greek. But I spell it a little differently so a pox on tradition, she goes by 'fae-dra' so there.)

The two addies exchange glances as if hoping the other had the right answer to this exchange. Luckily for all involved, another voices comes from the direction of the manor- this one also businesslike but much more smooth, alive. "Phedre, welcome home," says what appears to be a well dressed but very pale human. No glyph on his forehead, the only real sigh that Alpha is a golem so... probably not a flesh golem. Looking over at Laiden with an expressionless face, then man nods, then adds, "Mercies, heel up."

Without further comment or hesitation, both addies spring (as much as addies can spring) over to stand a few feet behind the man that Phedre stares at for a second, then greets, "Geossrey?" He smiles a little, then looks at Laiden. "Geoffrey indeed," he replies, then adds, "welcome, Magus Laiden. If you'll follow me?" If Laiden agrees, he'll lead the group to the Manor.

The Mercies follow after Geoffrey obediently, both moving completely in unison.

(OOC- the Mercies aren't actually Sparked all the way- they're actually closer to the level of a guard dog. Given that they most often serve as Kaelas' honor guard, he didn't Spark them. If he had, he wouldn't be able to use them as a shield or decoy if need be. Same principle that had him skipping door-guards and clan shadows.

Their vocal functions are new- Phedre thought they were creepy when they would just stare at you all the time so Kaelas built in some very limited expressions that are situation based. The golems don't understand their own words, just the reactions they create. In this case, Laiden showing his charmed pass.)
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45242 Posted: Jul 16, 2010, 8:31 pm
Laidan nods again and follows along, taking in the details of the compound which he hasn't seen before in a non-combat situation. Not that the peaceful mission he's on now stops him from noting defensive measures as well. Peaceful being entirely relative he thinks wryly, mentally reviewing the evening.
Last Edited: Jul 16, 2010, 8:35 pm
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #45347 Posted: Jul 23, 2010, 7:37 am
Geoffrey quickly leads them into a side entrance, commenting, "Kaelas has taken them both- the lady and the Imp- to the guest quarters and this is the fastest way there." Phedre seems to be slowly sobering up and has gone mostly quiet as she attempts to process what's going on.

As they near the make-shift infirmary, she suddenly remarks, "yaer not mah husband. Iffen yae try anything, Ah'll have to nicker-nack yae." There's a muffled cough from Geoffrey, but he merely says blandly, "he's waiting in there," as he gestures at the doorway.
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45361 Posted: Jul 26, 2010, 8:36 pm
Laidan follows Phedre in, at a respectable (and safe, hopefully) distance, though not so far that he won't be able to at least soften the landing if she should for some reason fall his direction. He assumes she naturally will head toward Kaelas if he's visible, and waits a polite distance back while she greets him.
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #45381 Posted: Aug 1, 2010, 3:36 am
Phedre does indeed head straight for Kaelas, who is currently dozing besides Yam-Lady Corsica. Well, mostly straight, she's weaving a little as she reaches for him. His eyes snap open, then warm with amusement. "Had a bit of the chaos this eve, my love?" he asks softly, hands rising to catch her as she tumbles into him.

He glances over her shoulder and sees Laiden. 'Thank you' he mouths, then rises to try and put Phedre into an empty bed. Geoffrey clears his throat, then asks, "would you like something to drink?"
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45700 Posted: Nov 13, 2010, 6:06 pm
Laidan nods "Whatever's handy, but I think I've seen enough alcohol for one evening". Though now does seem like good time for a stiff drink he thinks as he moves to the foot of Yami's bed.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45701 Posted: Nov 13, 2010, 6:10 pm
Yamiko hugs her knees to her chest, looking at her date. "Hi," she says, softly, glancing away almost as soon as she sees him. "Um, Kaelas tells me I had a panic attack."
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45702 Posted: Nov 13, 2010, 6:44 pm
Nodding again Laidan says "Yeah, but did you hear what happened next?" he offers a grim smile "Nothing related to you, but I'll be surprised if the building's still standing in the morning, you left just in time."
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45703 Posted: Nov 13, 2010, 6:50 pm
Yamiko groans, sinking her face into her hands. "Kae? Be a darling and break out the official checkbook? The clan's just going to have to wait for that new rec room, I've got pockets to grease."
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45704 Posted: Nov 13, 2010, 7:07 pm
Laidan realizes that perhaps stressing Yami is not the best strategy at the moment. Though she seems so capable and on top of things...so long as sparked golems are not involved apparently. Not that he can blame her. "Why not wait until morning to worry about any potential damage? With all the chaos magic floating around in there we might go back and see it double the size and fully made of adamantine." He tries for a bit of levity...but it's been a long night
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45705 Posted: Nov 13, 2010, 7:23 pm
Yamiko stares at Laidan blankly. "Chaos magic? Ch-chaos magic. Fucking beautiful. We'll be lucky if the town EXISTS in the morning." She groans, laying back against her pillow exasperatedly. "Okay, I'll clean up this mess, then I'll resign."
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #45715 Posted: Nov 14, 2010, 1:48 am
"Refused," Kaelas calls out cheerfully as he tries to unwrap Phedre's arms from around his neck. "Alpha and Lucy were still there, I think. Hopefully, between the two of them, things won't get too far out of hand." He pauses a moment. "I mean, Sconi's not there so... they have a chance."

Starting to fade, Phedre beings to sing softly in a foreign language and Geoffrey slips out of the room to get some refreshments.
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45716 Posted: Nov 14, 2010, 2:20 am
"How is Sconibulus?" Laidan asks, glancing toward that side of the room. "I heard the crash, but didn't get details"
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45720 Posted: Nov 14, 2010, 3:06 pm
Yamiko sighs. "I'm obviously not able to perform my duties, given that I'm scared stiff of our own golems." Still, she cricks her neck, looking over at the unconscious Sconibulus. "I bet he's faking." She reaches over to shake him gently, seeing if he'll awaken.
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #45740 Posted: Nov 18, 2010, 5:41 pm
Kaelas shrugs a little- or at least, as much as he can with Phedre still wrapped around him. "He should be fine- some heavy bruising, a mild concussion and some other bumps and scrapes but all in all, it's not as bad as when he was stabbed." He rather pointedly ignores Yamiko's other comment.
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45744 Posted: Nov 19, 2010, 5:15 am
Laidan pauses to think for a moment...he wasn't responsible for Sconi's stabbing, was he? There were certainly a few times where he wanted to for one reason or another...but no, all violence between himself and Sconibulus was strictly golem to golem. "Well, that's good news at least" he says with a smile.
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #45752 Posted: Nov 21, 2010, 7:58 pm
Yamiko scowls. "Do we have to bring that up every time he's injured?" she says, testily. "I thought he killed Viktor."
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #45767 Posted: Nov 29, 2010, 1:30 am
Kaelas gives her a look of overly surprised amusement. "Why, Yami, I thought you realized- that's perhaps my fondest memory of one of your... interactions with the Imp. He might not have deserved getting stabbed for that particular incident, but he'd earned it over the earns." Holding up a hand, he starts ticking things off- "There was the fire in your office, the fire in my office, the fire in the labs- all four of them- the fire in the library, the flood in the dormitories, the swarm of compost golems he let loose to roam across the grounds, the fire in the other dormitory, the gateway to the elemental plane of jello in the campus store and, of course, the elephant incident." He shrugs.

Phedre blinks at him drowsily, starting to drift off. "Lelly-pants?" she asks blankly and Kaelas winces a little. "Don't ask," he begs her, pressing her down to the mattress and starting to brush her hair with his fingers. "You were about to go dream, remember?" She smiles faintly, eyes closing.
laidan
laidan's Avatar
Posts: 1158
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 98 years old
Clan: OASIS
Message #45770 Posted: Dec 2, 2010, 5:29 pm
Laidan chuckles quietly at the list of transgressions. "And here I thought I was the only one who had considered stabbing him, after all the hit-and-runs he perpetrated on my guards. I had to completely change my instruction base to avoid scraping various types of burned manure off the guards' feet."
 
Page 1 | Last
Muelsfell Chat Options
Muelsfell currently has no official chat room setup, but there is an unofficial player run chat called Darkmyst Muelsfell Conference.

Username: 


Disclaimer: Please note that this chat is NOT moderated, supported, owned, or operated by Muelsfell staff. Muelsfell is not responsible for the content or function of the chat room, nor is it linked in any way to Muelsfell game functions such as your workshop, account name, or password (your magus name is forwarded to the chat as a nickname if you are logged in when you join the chat). Muelsfell Terms of Service do not apply for this chat, so please use this only at your own risk, and remember that official game staff will NEVER ask for your password.
Why wait? Register for your free account and start playing right now!

Play Muelsfell!