Please enter your user name and password: User Name: Password:
Register an account! · Forgot Password or Username?
What is Muelsfell? - Muelsfell: Rise of the Golems is a persistent browser-based game (PBBG) that revolves around the creation of magical golems by mages and magic users. Muelsfell is part combat, part roleplaying game, part resource management. Sign up for an account and give it a try -- for free!
Darghelm, in the Foothills of Ulvania
The hardy people of Ulvania value family bonds and friends over all else, so Darghelm has developed an extensive network of taverns, cozy inns, and messaging systems. They are not a cowardly nor xenophobic people and so allow people from all over the continent to use their taverns and speakeasy establishments.
You can read but will NOT be able to post until you login or Register
Index » Muelsfell Game Forum » Roleplay Discussions Muelsfell World v1.0 Forums
AuthorThread: Crisis on Infinite TOMU
Yamikuronue
Yamikuronue's Avatar
Posts: 1288
Location: Mottonsborough
Magus Age: 101 years old
Real Name: Bay
Website: Click Here
Message #46070 Posted: Feb 17, 2011, 9:57 pm
Sconibulus was very, very much in trouble. So much in trouble, in fact, that after Yamiko had finished interrogating him as to the circumstances behind his recent unprovoked aggression, she had thrown her hands up in the air in disgust, utterly unable to form words, and pawned him off on Kaelas for safekeeping before grabbing her cloak and rushing out into the steadily-worsening rain to arrange a message to be sent to Otaku. She hadn't returned to Kaelas' home that night - but it was not unusual for her to end up sleeping in the office in times of crisis, and this assuredly qualified.

She wasn't in her office when Kaelas checked the next morning, but that was only mildly surprising - she had been trying to arrange a meeting with the heads of Tench-Kisaragi Heavy Industries as soon as humanly possible, and it was likely she'd managed to obtain a breakfast meeting. It was only when a golem messenger bearing a reply from Tench-Kisaragi found its way to Kaelas, having been unable to locate the Chancellor of Daily Affairs on the premises, that Kaelas began to worry...

OOC: Tag Kaelas first, then anyone else who wants to join in, preferably from TOMU and/or OTAKU
Last Edited: Feb 17, 2011, 10:18 pm
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #46071 Posted: Feb 17, 2011, 10:24 pm
Kaelas tries not to overreact- she's a grown woman and a powerful Magus in her own... Oh, to the hells with that. A few commands later and every clan golem not currently assigned to Shadow someone's workshop is out on patrol. Orders are for scouting manervours only, no contact of any kind unless there's a direct and immediate danger to a Life- Magi, landen or Awakened golem alike.
ChaosRed
ChaosRed's Avatar
Posts: 159
Location: Shuul
Magus Age: 108 years old
Message #46072 Posted: Feb 17, 2011, 10:53 pm
Raiden, having found that his cousin was missing once again, also lent his talents to the search...however seeing how his talents only helped with the ODDS of finding her rather than giving a location, he still needed to go out with his assistant and his clay golem Sigfried and help with the patrols. ~Yamiko, I really hope that you are alright. I am sure you can handle yourself, but you do seem to find yourself in very odd situations.~
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46073 Posted: Feb 17, 2011, 11:35 pm
Missive from OTAKU reads:
"Dear Chancellor Kuronue, we regret that we cannot arrange a meeting at this time, despite the exigent circumstances. The Director of Daily Operations is currently indisposed. Hopefully, something can be arranged in the near future.

Signed,
Secretary Cyrilla"

---

Amid the confusion on the grounds of Magisterius University, a fast courier arrives from Tench-Kisaragi Heavy Industries. Exhausted and looking harried, he searches the faculty until he finds Chancellor Kaelas. Hurrying over, he delivers a sealed scroll and waits on a return message.

The outside of the scroll reads: For Chancellor Kuronue eyes only. The message inside is as follows: "Chancellor, I sincerely hope you keep this quiet, but the Director is missing. Presumably, for some days now... again. We were unable to locate him when your message arrived, and his office door wouldn't open. When we finally broke it down, we discovered that all the scrolls had collapsed his desk and blocked the door, but he wasn't inside. I would appreciate any discreet assistance you can provide in finding him. - Cyri. P.S. While intelligent and expedient, the courier bearing this displays a singular lack of curiosity, and therefore trustworthy."
Last Edited: Feb 18, 2011, 1:48 am
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #46074 Posted: Feb 17, 2011, 11:46 pm
Less than an hour later- much, much too fast for someone to have traveled from the TOMU campus to the OTAKU compound- Kaelas strides up to the front gates, missive still tightly clenched in one hand. "Open. Now," he snaps at whatever guards the entrance as he snaps his black colored bat-like wings closed around him. At least he's not (visibly) armed?
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46075 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 12:07 am
The OTAKU Security magus looks down over the parapet, as the duty golems orient on the visitor. He calls out, "Greetings of the day, sir. I must ask you to stop there and state the nature of your business here." The golems ready weapons while steadily watching but otherwise do not move, per protocol.
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #46076 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 12:41 am
"Chancellor Kuronue of TOMU clan," he snaps out, not slowing down as he continues towards the gate. "Cyrilla asked me by to discuss something beyond your pay grade."
Last Edited: Feb 18, 2011, 12:43 am
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46077 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 12:48 am
FINALLY able to step (escape? sneak? avoid?) the work in the war office, Kyomi sighs as the guards perk up to something outside the front gate.

A brief word to the guard later, and Kyomi hops up onto a conveniently placed block of stone to get enough height to look over the wall.

"Oh. More work then? Let him in." She levels a stern gaze at the gate guard before he can protest, and with a wave the gate opens enough to let the visitor by.

She then goes down to meet the man herself, settling her (thankfully warm) robe of office about her shoulders.
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #46078 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 12:59 am
Kaelas, absently glad he doesn't have to do anything drastic to the gates, enters with a brief nod. "Magistrate Kyomi," he says in greeting. "Cyrilla sent me a message I need to follow up on. Where is she?" Huh- Kaelas is normally very polite and rather charming, if not willing to wade through politics and other such bullshit. Direct but nice- this... something's wrong here.
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46079 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 1:52 am
Kyomi hmm's thoughtfully, then replies "Honestly? No idea. I've been almost literally up to my neck in paperwork recently." She turns to one of the faster flesh golems up on the wall and says "Fetch."

The word itself is simple, but the air almost vibrates with the actual command, to find Cyrilla and bring her.

"Care for a drink while we wait? I have this rather extensive bar on hand, just through the wall there." Her voice pleasant, but not so much asking, as giving a strong suggestion. "You seem troubled."

As she finishes the request, the flesh golem is already speeding off, running into the main building, and hastily writing something down on a small chalkboard.
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #46081 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 7:10 pm
There's a brief moment of silence as the Chancellor considers his options. Doing nothing, just waiting and making polite conversation sound actually painful. However, given that he can't do much of anything given that he doesn't know where Cyrilla can be found, this is the most... logical, practical choice. Bah.

Kaelas finally nods, a trifle curtly. "Thank you. But perhaps just water or juice," he says slowly. Alcohol has little effect on him in anything but the greatest of quantities, but given his current temper... best not to risk it.

Giving Kyomi a rather more focused and aware look, he raises a hand. A shimmer of black light forms around the two of them in a five foot radius. "A light aural shield for privacy- noise can enter but not exit," he explains. "When did you last talk to your Director's assistant?" he in a tone closer to his normal polite directness.
Last Edited: Feb 18, 2011, 10:27 pm
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46082 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 10:12 pm
Kyomi eyes the spell effect curiously, then replies with a shrug, "I honestly don't deal much with the woman. Being above her station, anything I want done can be ordered, though, I really just make sure our younger mages don't make sport of the wrong people."

She frowns thoughtfully then adds, "A few days I think. Passed her in a hall someplace. As usual she was looking overworked, but that really is all I can remember."

A moment later, her Bartender walks into the bubble, a tray in one hand. "My word... This would be handy in some of the private booths..." He hands Kaelas a glass of something red, with what looks like ice in it, "Juice for the Sir," And a smaller glass of something that is bubbling slightly, "And... What ever it was you mixed up last night."

He bows, then steps back out of the bubble.


---
Elsewhere, the flesh golem she had sent to find Cyrilla does in fact find her. Then, after presenting the hastily written note to her, picks her up, one hand to either side of her waist, and dashes back towards the gate, holding her in front of itself like some kind of trophy.
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #46083 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 10:26 pm
Kaelas takes the glass of juice with a murmured thanks, then studies it for a second. There's a very faint pulse of magic, almost absently sent, towards the glass to analyze it. "I see. And Director Nanashi? My... visit rather concerns him- I was simply directed towards Miss Cyrilla first."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46084 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 10:48 pm
"Put me down, meat bag," Cyrilla hisses under her breath, striving in vain to keep her dress straight. Her hair falls down in her face obscuring her neutral expression, the golem's hands remaining firm around her waist. She sighs and tries to endure the trip to wherever the golem is taking her.
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46085 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 10:54 pm
The golem skids to a halt about ten paces from Kyomi and Kaelas, sets her down very gently, and offers her a brush from a little pouch at its hip.

After that, like any normal golem, it shambles off to its post at the wall and goes back to being a slack jawed sentry.

"Aha. There you are." Kyomi says after casually suppressing the bubble of silence, "Our guest is looking for you." She turns back to Kaelas.
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #46086 Posted: Feb 18, 2011, 11:03 pm
Slightly amused at having his Craft suppressed like that, Kaelas reforms it larger so it includes whom he assumes is Cyrilla. "I received your message," he starts out without bothering with greetings. "And the timing of it... could be troubling. Yami- Chancellor Yamiko is also missing."
Last Edited: Feb 19, 2011, 7:01 pm
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46087 Posted: Feb 19, 2011, 12:08 am
Cyrilla brushes the hair out of her face and draws her long curls over one shoulder in her preferred style. She fusses her dress straight and brushes off some dust, before nodding. "Director Kyomi," she says calmly, before turning to the guest.

She bows formally in greeting. "Chancellor Kaelas, I wasn't expecting you... so soon. My name is Cyrilla, I have the honor of being Director Nanashi's personal secretary. The Director has not been seen here for a few days, when the missive came from Miss Kuronue I wrote a reply to return with your messenger while I sent a flight construct to his workshop. When it returned without a reply, I went to his office and couldn't open the door."

She takes a deep breath and continues, "I had to summon a couple of guards to get it open, and had them sequestered when we found his office in disarray but otherwise empty. I told him, he should have-" She stops and shakes her head. "The timing could be more opportune given the circumstances."
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #46088 Posted: Feb 19, 2011, 10:01 pm
A polite incline of the head is about all Kaelas is capable of in the way of polite gestures at the moment. "Indeed," Kaelas says evenly. "You don't seem... too upset by Nanashi going missing," he observes.
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46089 Posted: Feb 19, 2011, 11:14 pm
Cyrilla sighs and combs her fingers through her curls unconsciously. "I am not paid to be upset, I am paid to keep things running smoothly. The Director," she says with a side glare, "disappears more often than I would like, but he usually reappears in one piece. I will lecture him then."

"I'm too young to turn gray!" she wails, tugging her hair, before regaining her composure.
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46096 Posted: Feb 22, 2011, 2:18 am
"And your service is without flaw and beyond reproach." Kyomi says with a smile.

"But what ever the problem, I'm sure I can manage in his stead. Meanwhile, I suppose I'll warm up the scrying pool and see if we can actually find him."
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #46097 Posted: Feb 22, 2011, 6:24 pm
Kaelas sighs a little. If Nanashi goes missing often, then the possible connection he had suspected might be between the two vanishing leaders is likely a false hope.

"I see. I had... considered that the two disappearances might be related but perhaps not. Very well. If you hear anything, please send another courier. I shall do the same," he adds, rising to his feet. "Thank you both for your time."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46101 Posted: Feb 23, 2011, 2:50 am
"Related?" Cyrilla asks, confused. "No... they couldn't be. Could they... Last time I saw the Director, he was in the middle of trade negotiations with Hereti Corp. But then a day or two ago, they sent a message that the negotiations were cancelled, but they didn't say why."
Kaelas
Kaelas's Avatar
Posts: 1052
Location: Darghelm
Magus Age: 103 years old
Real Name: Barry
Message #46102 Posted: Feb 23, 2011, 4:36 am
"Two leaders of powerful clans going missing at the same time could easily have been related but in this case, perhaps not," he explains absently. Kaelas bows slightly to both ladies, mind already pondering his next steps. Hertai corp? Laiden... he should have done this first, but the message from OTAKU had worried him enough to change plans.

Briefly, Kaelas wonders if he should be so hopeful that Yamiko's vanishing isn't simply because she'd 'overnighted' with Magus Laiden. But after that... business with Coyble, he can't help but darkly wish that the answer isn't so... simple.

"Thank you both for your help," he adds before starting back towards the exit. "And the drink."

EDIT: Author's Note: 'Coyble' is Kaelas's way of referring to Coyne, the mostly dead, completely crazy, and long-MIA SM of MAGIER. Coy(ne)+(Kib)ble: Sir Kibble being Coyne's alter-ego (mule account) he used to court and seduce Yamiko way back when. It's said with... pretty much loathing and dislike. Not love at all, actualy.
Last Edited: Feb 23, 2011, 6:36 pm
Kyomi
Kyomi's Avatar
Posts: 274
Location: Andulaz
Magus Age: 109 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46103 Posted: Feb 23, 2011, 6:27 am
Kyomi watches Kaelas go, then turns to Cyrilla.

"Something is wrong I think. Get some apprentices out on the streets for some rumor hunting, and send some messenger birds to the leaders of the other Clans. I'm heading to my den to use my scrying pool."

Kyomi turns takes one step towards the side door in the wall leading to her den, then stops and says, "Also, draft the documents needed for your raise, and pick an apprentice as your secretary. You know where to find me."
Nanashi
Nanashi's Avatar
Posts: 1115
Location: Asylum
Magus Age: 105 years old
Clan: OTAKU
Message #46104 Posted: Feb 24, 2011, 11:31 pm
As the two leaders leave, a white cat teeters towards Cyrilla and meows in greeting.

She picks up the cat and scratches behind its ears. In an accusing tone, she says, "You've been begging the apprentices for drinks again, haven't you..." The cat flicks an ear and gives her a look as if to say certainly not, then snuggles against her chest. "Uh huh. Well, you're coming with me. You can help me with the paperwork."

The cat yowls and struggles weakly in her arms, before subsiding with ears curled back. Cyrilla returns to her office at a more stately pace than how she left it, nodding and saying a few words in greeting over the cat in her arms.

OOC: Exit
 
Muelsfell Chat Options
Muelsfell currently has no official chat room setup, but there is an unofficial player run chat called Darkmyst Muelsfell Conference.

Username: 


Disclaimer: Please note that this chat is NOT moderated, supported, owned, or operated by Muelsfell staff. Muelsfell is not responsible for the content or function of the chat room, nor is it linked in any way to Muelsfell game functions such as your workshop, account name, or password (your magus name is forwarded to the chat as a nickname if you are logged in when you join the chat). Muelsfell Terms of Service do not apply for this chat, so please use this only at your own risk, and remember that official game staff will NEVER ask for your password.
Why wait? Register for your free account and start playing right now!

Play Muelsfell!